atheists please answer this?

I'm not trying to be trolling but I just wanna know what your thoughts or actions would be if you finally realized that there is a God...?

What if tonight the rapture came and were all standing before him... what would you think?

Favorite Answer

While I may be certain or uncertain about the existence of a god, there is one thing I am certain about. The rapture is hogwash. Even from a Christian point of view (at least the Christianity I am familiar with) it's still hogwash.

That's just the thing- as an atheist, you don't ever believe that would happen, because you don't believe that anything to do with god/religion exists.

Personally, if the rapture happened, I'd think God wasn't very kind, because if Christians believe that God loves everyone, why would he make the rapture happen? I think it's better to act in life as you think is right, rather than being governed by the laws of a book that was written however many hundreds of years ago, that isn't completely accurate.

Source(s): Life, my personal faith and RE Lessons.

Id jack his jaw, throw the cuffs on him and arrest the piece of goat dung for mass murder on a planetary scale and other crimes against humanity. Only the cowardly and honorless would wish to serve such an evil piece of goat dung.

That would depend entirely on what the god was like. Since you do not give us any such information in your hypothetical scenario, I cannot say what I would do, other than believe there was a god.

Oh, sorry, I missed this bit:

"What if tonight the rapture came and were all standing before him"

That would tend to indicate that you mean some version of the Christian God, but I thought the idea of the rapture was that we were divided up, so why would we ALL be standing before him. I still would not have much idea of what he was up to.

They are your paranoid revenge and torture fantasies, you let me know. I'm not going to confirm the delusional in their delusions.

• Daniel

First, why am I being raptured? Thought that was reserved for believers. Second, I'd say something in the lines of, "Sorry, but it's not like you made your existence obvious, and you're reported to do a whole lot of terrible things in the Old Testament. Pretty much I didn't see evidence of you nor did I see the character in the Bible that is God as worthy of worship."

• Jay

It's a fair question. As if "what if you, as a believer, found out that Satan [or some other higher-power other than the one you believe in] was the real God?"

The answer, I believe would be the same. Which is one of two things: (a) disbelief or (b) "wow, I really was wrong on that one."

I'd give him a chance to explain all his evil acts and stupidity before I made a final judgement.

• I really don't know. I'd be flabbergasted, I have no idea how I would respond.

Well... If I saw it with my own eyes, I hope I would be man enough to admit I was wrong. But that doesn't mean I would worship him.