Nephew's 18th birthday?

My nephew is turning 18 the end of July. His father is just out of jail and his mother is leaving town to be with some guy so he will be alone with his grandma. I want to do something special for him so he knows he is loved and that our entire family is NOT made of losers. I don't have a lot of money to spend ($150 to $200) but I want to do something nice. Any ideas?

ask him to come out for a drink with you and his father it doesn't have to be on the day of his birthday but a date close to it and relating to the birthday. have a good craic and a manly heart to heart conversation.. make him feel like he is now being accepted as an adult to be mature and a chance to prove himself.. being treated like a young child will be the last thing he wants because it is a blow to his ego and he has had enough of that chipped away from him

Source(s): i am 19 and if i was in that situation that is what i would like

Get him Beats by Dre headphones

a better family