Would it be possible in time...?

To give up and reality and somehow live in a dream world. Like I would have to be in a coma or such. And for those who say I am willingly being ignorant of my problems, I see dream as reality, and reality as a nightmare. I don't want to leave my dreams, ever. So do you think the technology will come that we will be able to leave reality forever and live in our dreams?

@No BS Zone: This is a serious question. In fact it's a scientific question. Would scientists find a way to separate the mind from the body to where we see the patient in a coma yet they are actively dreaming in their own alternate reality.

@Mike: This has nothing to do with religion, but everything to do with spirituality and science.

@Private: Good, but maybe without drugs.

Just eat some magic mushrooms and you're there.

@Private. No, that's absurd.

LSD? But seriously, yes why not. It is highly possible. People could also interact in that dream state and may also be able to control their reality. Many years ago, who would have thought that we'd be interacting through the internet or listen to people thousands miles away from telephones. Anything is possible. Everything that is scientifically normal now is absurd long time ago. Think of what the cavemen would have thought about a jetplane.

Have you seen Inception?