can i sue my kennel for losing both my dogs vaccination cards?

my dogs were shipped into the UK from malaysia after a 6 month quaratine in Feb 2011. Since then each time we go for a holiday we send them for boarding. The vaccination cards will go along with them. I have used the kennel service since April 2011. Recently, I sent my dogs for boarding and this time when they were delivered the vaccination cards were not returned. The driver requested me to contact the company. I rang the company straightaway and they told me the cards will be posted. It has been a month now and I have not received my dogs vaccination cards. All the historic details on the card are now lost. The company simply told me that the cards could have got lost in the post....the simplest excuse for not taking responsibility. When i return back to malaysia with the dogs, I am sure CUSTOM will ask me lots of questions......it is a hassle for me to locate past records!!!! Can someone tell me whether I can sue this kennel? Or what can i do?

Favorite Answer

NO!!!!!!!!!

You call the fing VET & get new copies.

sheeeeeeeeeeesh,no wonder lawyers are rich & fat!

the prospect isn't kennel cough itself, however the problems that ought to upward push up if the dogs develops pneumonia. because of fact the vaccine isn't one hundred%, its no longer possibly prevalent how lots safety each and every dogs interior the kennel has, even nevertheless they have been vaccinated. additionally, the bacterium is created from numerous traces and mutations of bacteria, which may well be diverse each and every 12 months or numerous years. whilst the vaccine is progressed, this is consistent with predictions of which traces/mutations would be maximum ordinary on the time. The kennel cough vaccine given 3 years in the past would have a various formula than one that is given final week. despite if its no longer exacting, it somewhat is the final safety that would acquire for canines co-habiting in a kennel. once you're talking approximately different vaccines, for sure a dogs that may no longer rabies-vaccinated who ought to get bitten with the help of a rabid animal, places kennel workers in risk in the event that they are no longer rabies-vaccinated additionally (maximum are not-this is in many circumstances basically vets and vet techs who get the vaccine--it somewhat is totally costly for individuals.)

I know this is annoying and you are mad, but I'm sure when you take into consideration the length of time it takes to be see by the courts, the cost, the fact that you don't have any monetary losses or damage to claim and that fact that a successful lawsuit doesn't mean money in your hands, that should take the wind out for your sails.

Get a duplicate and write a professional, but strongly worded letter to the boarder informing them of the problem and why you will not sue them again or recommend them.

• Jodi D

You can sue, but that doesn't mean you'll win. You may be paying a lawyer for nothing.

I'm sorry, but you have to be joking re suing over this, much as it is annoying. I don't know why you had to leave the original Vaccination Cards with this kennel to begin with. They should have been okay with a photocopy? All they needed was to see proof of boosters after all. You talk about being delivered, so is this boarding kennel miles away? Personally I'd go up there and ask them to check where these cards are while I'm standing there.

However, much as if they contained all the details of your dog's medical history from the start, that will be impossible to replace, all their current history, from the vets in the UK who have treated them, should be easily accessed. All vets these days have the full medical history on computer.

Otherwise, what are you actually going to be suing for? In other words, I can't see any judge telling you anything other than to stop wasting their time (even supposing any solicitor would take your case on). Small Claims Court - for what!!?

• Bob

You can sue anyone for anything. Whether you will "win" anything is the question!..

You can sue anyone. The question should be is will you win? The prudent thing would have been to make copies of the records. Contact the vet the gave the vaccinations and ask for a duplicate of the cards.

Source(s): old balanced trainer

sure why not, everyone sues eeryone for everything these days

why work hard and earn the money. that takes too long

• Kunzy

probably