Does getting your nose pierced feel the same as getting your cartilidge at the top of your ear pierced?

I am suppose to get my nose pierced today on the left side I have wanted it done for awhile but I'm really scared. I have my belly button and the left side of my lip pierced on the bottom but does your nose hurt more to get pierced than your lip or belly button does? I also have my left side of my cartilidge on my ear pierced so I was wondering also if your nose being pierced feels the same as that getting pierced since theyre both made up of cartilidge. I also have a tattoo on my right shoulder blade but for some reason Im very scared to get my nose pierced and feel like it is going to hurt alot.

• ?
    Favorite Answer

Its pretty much like getting an ear cartilidge piercing, just feels a bit... sneezier? Nothing horrific!

Don't get it gunned and it'll all be fine.

• Lava

It's all subjective, because no one has the exact same experience. Love my nostril piercing, but it hurt like hell! Like cartilage on your ear, but sharper and with the terrible feeling of being punched in the nose, in one tiny spot. Eyes all watery, it was terrible. Not too bad during healing at all, though.

Pain is subjective. I'd much rather sit through the dull, two hour pain of getting a tattoo than the quick but sharp pain of a piercing. I bring books to the tattoo artist. I bring a friend to calm me down at the piercer. I've had people tell me their tongue was a very painful piercing, whereas I literally felt nothing until they were screwing the balls on the barbell.

Source(s): As that guy said, if you really want it, pain should not be a large factor.
  • felker

Mmm it does not harm, in spite of the indisputable fact that it does make your eyes water, positioned the soreness is around comparable to ear piercings, perchance purely somewhat extra. good success :] there hella amazing n properly worth regardless of soreness you need to experience for 3 seconds.

• Laura

No. Tattoos hurt more than piercings, so you will be fine. If you have had this much done to you, you already know about the pain from piercing, and have handeled it.

Nooo!

i got my nose pierced - Painless

I got my industrial - Painful

But i take pain like a champ! lol kinda

First of all if you really want a piercing, 5 seconds of pain shouldn't change that.

The only difference with nose and helix piercings is that your nose gets hot and you feel the need to sneeze for about a day or two. Keep it clean and ice it and it'll feel fine :)

Source(s): I've had 3 nose piercings

My tounge and nose piercings hurt the most but is not horrible..like the other person said, its sneezier lol. You shouldn't be scared

Source(s): Personal experience