poooooof asked in PetsDogs · 9 years ago

Dog got hit by a bicycle?

So i was walking my dog this evening on this really narrow pavement and all of a sudden behind me i heard a ringing sound. Before i could turn around a bicycle had hit my dog. It was on a walking area, Anyway it was moving at a slow speed and my dog seemed fine, just that she was a little scared and kept clinging onto me when i carried her. She seemed fine and continued to run and walk after i put her on the ground. Anyway, she seems to be fine, there are no bruises, no signs of pain, but im still worried... Should i take her to the vet?????

• Jazzie

As a cyclist I'm floored ~ as it's a HUGE incentive to avoid hitting or being hit by a dog at all costs.

I was hit by a dog ~ yes the dog hit ME. I had to have my face surgically put back together as well as one hand that was torn up pretty badly. Bicycles and dogs simply do not mix. I too was going pretty slow ~ about 15 to 20 miles an hour.

It never hurts to take your dog to the vet to be checked out. Bicycles can really do some damage.

Peace of mind is priceless.

Source(s): Seasoned cyclist & lifetime dog owner

If it will set your mind at rest, by all means - sometimes it's the injury you can't see that's worse than anything you can.

This idiot needs reporting so if you can, I'd call the police and report this if he's using a pathway not intended for bicycles.

I think he's fine I'd call the vets secretary and tell her so she can deal with the person who hit the dog.

• Bob

You can never be sure that there weren't internal injuries. Vet. Also, why didn't you call the police?..