Is this a scam I applied for a warehouse job on craigslist, some guy said he liked my resume?

On May 30, 2012 3:30 AM, "Mark connell" <bluedove011@gmail.com> wrote:

>

> Hello I am Mr Mark Connell I am replying back to your message concerning the job posted on Craiglist for a Warehouse worker in which you're interested in, I went through your Resume and am quite impress and i think you are the right person for this job. Unfortunately i am out of the state at the moment am in ENGLAND on a Business trip and i am the Head Supervisor of a Fabric warehouse which the name will be disclose to you very soon so there won't be any Interview in Person but we can possibly talk on the phone soon.

>

>                                          (JOB DESCRIPTION)

>

>

> You will be a Warehouse Inspector you will walk in to any warehouse which we will be disclosing to you soon and your responsibilities include inspecting, testing, sampling, and sorting products or goods being manufactured. The manufactured products can include a large range of items, including food, machinery, equipment or pharmaceuticals. Depending the type of manufacturing environment,You can also be required to have some technical knowledge. In this type of profession, there are quality standards that are strictly followed, and daily or weekly production goals to be met. If a manufactured product does not meet quality specifications, You're to investigates and reports production line failures. And You're required to have a high school diploma or GED.

>

> You must be able to stand on your feet for long period of time, These physical requirements is very important for the inspector, You will be working 2 days in a week and you're to choose any 2 days of the week from Monday to Saturday that will be preferable to you and you will be working 4hrs in these 2 days and that will be from 9am-12pm and we will be offering you $250.00/week and you will be doing these for 14 weeks. Method of payment will be a cashier check or a Money order.

> If you're interested kindly get back to me with the following information:-

>

>

> First Name______________________

> Middle Name If Any___________________________

> Last Name_____________________________

> Full Street Address_____________________________

> City, State, Zip Code______________________________________

> Sex________Age_________

> Nationality___________________________

> Cell Phone Number (___)___________________________________

> Home Phone Number(___)___________________________________

> Email:____________________________

> Current Job:____________________________

>

> I will be looking forward hearing from you and then proceed on the next step forward.

> Best Regard

>

>

>

>

>

>

>

>

>

Favorite Answer

100% scam.

There is no warehouse job. There is only a scammer trying to steal your hard-earned money.

The next email will be from another of the scammer's fake names and free email addresses pretending to be the "secretary/assistant/accountant" and will demand you cash a large fake check sent on a stolen UPS/FedEx billing account number and send most of the "money" via Western Union or moneygram back to the scammer posing as the "supply company" while you "keep" a small portion. When your bank realizes the check is fake and it bounces, you get the real life job of paying back the bank for the bounced check fees and all the bank's money you sent to an overseas criminal.

Western Union and moneygram do not verify anything on the form the sender fills out, not the name, not the street address, not the country, not even the gender of the receiver, it all means absolutely nothing. The clerk will not bother to check ID and will simply hand off your cash to whomever walks in the door with the MTCN# and question/answer. Neither company will tell the sender who picked up the cash, at what store location or even in what country your money walked out the door. Neither company has any kind of refund policy, money sent is money gone forever.

When you refuse to send him your cash he will send increasingly nasty and rude emails trying to convince you to go through with his scam. The scammer could also create another fake name and email address like "FBI@ gmail.com", "police_person @hotmail.com" or "investigator @yahoo.com" and send emails telling you the job is legit and you must cash the fake check and send your money to the scammer or you will face legal action. Just ignore, delete and block those email addresses. Although, reading a scammer's attempt at impersonating a law enforcement official can be extremely funny.

Now that you have responded to a scammer, you are on his 'potential sucker' list, he will try again to separate you from your cash. He will send you more emails from his other free email addresses using another of his fake names with all kinds of stories of great jobs, lottery winnings, millions in the bank and desperate, lonely, sexy singles. He will sell your email address to all his scamming buddies who will also send you dozens of fake emails all with the exact same goal, you sending them your cash via Western Union or moneygram.

Do you know how to check the header of a received email? If not, you could google for information. Being able to read the header to determine the geographic location an email originated from will help you weed out the most obvious scams and scammers. Then delete and block that scammer. Don't bother to tell him that you know he is a scammer, it isn't worth your effort. He has one job in life, convincing victims to send him their hard-earned cash.

Whenever suspicious or just plain curious, google everything, website addresses, names used, companies mentioned, phone numbers given, all email addresses, even sentences from the emails as you might be unpleasantly surprised at what you find already posted online. You can also post/ask here and every scam-warner-anti-fraud-busting site you can find before taking a chance and losing money to a scammer.

6 "Rules to follow" to avoid most fake jobs:

1) Job asks you to use your personal bank account and/or open a new one.

2) Job asks you to print/mail/cash a check or money order.

3) Job asks you to use Western Union or moneygram in any capacity.

4) Job asks you to accept packages and re-ship them on to anyone.

5) Job asks you to pay visas, travel fees via Western Union or moneygram.

6) Job asks you to sign up for a credit reporting or identity verification site.

Avoiding all jobs that mention any of the above listed 'red flags' and you will miss nearly all fake jobs. Only scammers ask you to do any of the above. No. Exceptions. Ever. For any reason.

If you google "fake check cashing job", "fraud Western Union scam", "check mule moneygram scam" or something similar you will find hundreds of posts from victims and near-victims of this type of scam.

Why do people keep thinking these jobs are real? Why? The person is money laundering. Using stolen credit card numbers. The police will show up at your door and they will arrest you, because no one could be this naive not to see the scam. Craigslit = ScamsList. Do not go there for jobs. Or other sites that promise you to work from home. They are all scams. Get a real job, at a real location, with real pay.

• doucet

Fabric Warehouse Inc

I got the same reply today. He didn't ask for any details like SSN or Account #s, but i gave my address and cell # (which is public domain anyway on those job boards because my resume is out there) - but now I know. I've been able to spot those Insurance scams, and the "we'll ship to you and you ship back out" scams, but i wasn't sure about this one. When I get the next email saying we'll send you this Western Union check or whatever, I would've known for sure, but the opening email had me curious.

Damn scammers.

Yes I cyphered into one today and his name is David Clark acting as the Business owner a warehouse company looking for a Warehouse Inspector. When I told him I wasn't sure about the process and sent a copy of these answers on scammer, I received nothing afterwards. So I texted and told him to leave me alone and never to use my number again. I did let him no I had fun while it lasted but he was BUSTED CYBER-HANDED!!!!! I CAUGHT YOU AND GOT MY EYES AND REPORTED TO ACCOUNTS ABOUT HIM.... HE IS DONE..... NEXT SCAMMER.......

1

Scam!

I just applied to something similar off of Craigslist in Philadelphia and here was the response:

"Hello

I am Mr Raymond, I am replying back to your message concerning the job posted on Craiglist for a Warehouse worker in which you're interested in, I went through your Resume and am quite impress and i think you are the right person for this job. Unfortunately i am out of the state at the moment am in ENGLAND on a Business trip and i am the Head Supervisor of a Fabric warehouse which the name will be disclose to you very soon so there won't be any Interview in Person but we can possibly talk on the phone soon.

(JOB DESCRIPTION)

You will be a Warehouse Inspector you will walk in to any warehouse which we will be disclosing to you soon and your responsibilities include inspecting, testing, sampling, and sorting products or goods being manufactured. The manufactured products can include a large range of items, including food, machinery, equipment or pharmaceuticals. Depending the type of manufacturing environment,You can also be required to have some technical knowledge. In this type of profession, there are quality standards that are strictly followed, and daily or weekly production goals to be met. If a manufactured product does not meet quality specifications, You're to investigates and reports production line failures. And You're required to have a high school diploma or GED.

You must be able to stand on your feet for long period of time, These physical requirements is very important for the inspector, You will be working 2 days in a week and you're to choose any 2 days of the week from Monday to Saturday that will be preferable to you and you will be working 4hrs in these 2 days and that will be from 9am-12pm and we will be offering you $400.00/week and you will be doing these for 14 weeks. Method of payment will be a cashier check or a Money order.

If you're interested kindly get back to me with the following information:-

First Name_____Middle Name If Any______Last Name______

Full Contact Address______City, State, Zip Code_______

Sex________Age_________Nationality_______Cell Phone Number (___)____

Home Phone Number(___)____Email:________

Scan Any of your ID_____Current Job:______

I will be looking forward hearing from you and then proceed on the next step forward.

Best regards,

Raymond

Source(s): Email I just received an hour ago

Yes, that is a scam.

1. The old "I am out of the country right now" line.

2. Warehouses don't manufacture goods, they store them.

3. They want you to test and inspect entire warehouses by working only 8 hours in a week. This makes no sense.

4. Method of payment being a money order.

There si so much about this that doesn't even make sense it should tell you scam right away.

100% Scam

It is something new but it is definitely a scam.

My guess is that the whole then is just a fake check scam.

Think about it, if he actually had seen your resume, wouldn't he have most of the information that he is asking for at the bottom?

That is NOT a legitimate job. It's illegal for any employer to ask your age, sex or nationality

"went through your Resume and am quite impress and i think you are the right person for this job. Unfortunately i am out of the state at the moment am in ENGLAND on a Business trip and i am the Head Supervisor of a Fabric warehouse which the name will be disclose to you very soon so there won't be any Interview in Person but we can possibly talk on the phone soon."

That is NOT even written by a native English speaker and NO employer would ever pay you by money order or cashier's check

There is NO reason why any legitimate employer would use a free gmail address or refuse to give you the company name, address, and mail switchboard number in the email

Don't respond - if you send the info they request, they have everything they need to steal your identity

And you NEVER accept a job without interviewing in person with your employer at their place of business

This is going to be a reshipping scam wanting you to accept packages at your home (items bought with stolen credit cards, hacked paypal accounts and counterfeit checks/money orders) then ask you to ship them overseas. This can land you in prison for fencing stolen goods

It's definitely a scam. I did a web search for "warehouse job scam" and came up with thousands of responses, the ones I read all said it was a scam aimed at taking your money and luring you into illegally transferring goods or money, which could land you in jail. Click on the link below for responses to a previous Yahoo Answers posting on the same subject

P.S. It is against the law for an employer to ask for your sex or nationality. And never give out your cell phone number to strangers.