Anonymous
Anonymous asked in HealthDiseases & ConditionsHeart Diseases · 8 years ago

I want the doctor prescription and the repots for hole in the heart for my project... can anyone mail me...?

plz rply asap...

2 Answers

Relevance
  • 8 years ago
    Favorite Answer

Atrial septal defect (ASD) repair:--

The atrial septum is the wall between the left and right atria (upper chambers) of the heart. There is a natural opening before birth that usually closes on its own when a baby is born. When the flap does not close, the child has an ASD.

Sometimes an ASD can be closed without open-heart surgery. First, the surgeon makes a tiny cut in the groin. Then the surgeon inserts a wire into a blood vessel that goes to the heart. Next, two small umbrella-shaped "clamshell" devices are placed on the right and left sides of the septum. These two devices are attached to each other. This closes the hole in the heart. Not all medical centers do this procedure.

Open-heart surgery may also be done to repair ASD. Using open-heart surgery, the septum can be closed using stitches. Another way to cover the hole is with a patch.

Ventricular septal defect (VSD) repair:--

The ventricular septum is the wall between the left and right ventricles (lower chambers) of the heart. A hole in the ventricular septum is called a VSD.

By age 1, most small VSDs close on their own. However, those VSDs that do stay open after this age must be closed.

Larger VSDs, small ones in certain parts of the ventricular septum, or ones that cause heart failure or endocarditis (inflammation) need open-heart surgery. The hole in the septum is usually closed with a patch.

Some septal defects can be closed without surgery. The procedure involves passing a small wire into the heart and placing a patch over the defect. The surgeon is guided by x-rays.

• Anonymous
    8 years ago

Repots? As in: "Martha Stewart repots her plants once a year?"

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.