Question about financial aid?

Okay, so I received a letter in the mail about 3 weeks ago saying that they had received my financial aid application for the 2012-2013 school year. It says that my financial aid file is complete and there's nothing I need to do. However, it also states that they will be mailing me my Financial Aid Notification Letter to inform me about the awards I am eligible for, when does that letter come in?

Does any one know approximately how much time it takes for the Financial Aid Notification letter to arrive?

Thank you.

I actually did check beforehand. I wouldn't be coming here to ask the question otherwise. Some sources said 2 weeks while others said 8. I just wanted a more precise answer so please don't respond to the question unless you have an answer.

Favorite Answer

it really depends on your school & their processing

one school near us will have theirs out in mid-June for Fall 2012 for applications that were in before the deadline

another will have theirs out in mid-July for Fall 2012 for applications that are in before the deadline

these are 2 community colleges in the same state that are located 80 miles apart

if they can be this close together & have different time-frams.... then your school can have it's own timeframes as well

• dusty

Sure. If they have performed the paintings, positioned within the attempt, are academically certified and are citizens of the state then they must get the schooling they have earned. Their moms and dads pay the revenue and estate taxes that pay for the ed techniques. These youngsters you are asking approximately had been introduced right here as babies and youngsters and, for all intents and functions, are "from right here". Why now not label anybody dropped at California from Minnesota after they had been an baby a non-resident, too? As a member of an extended-time CA loved ones, I would not brain seeing all of the out-of-staters dealt with just like the overseas colonists they're. We had a satisfactory state till it stuffed up with Mid-Westerners and Southerners. What's now not reasonable is letting an all-American slacker who spends extra time stressful what is due him that he hasn't earned than studying get the fiscal help that are supposed to accept in line with educational advantage.

It's really hard to say. I normally contact my financial aid office and ask how much I was awarded. They seem to know before I get the letter.