Paige asked in Arts & HumanitiesPhilosophy · 9 years ago

Feel nothing or feel everything but with a lot of pain? ?

: Would you rather be able to feel no physical sensations whatsoever (pain , pleasure ) or to be able to feel both but you are in pain a lot?

8 Answers

Relevance
  • 9 years ago
    Favorite Answer

I'd rather be able to feel exactly as I do right now. How about you?

• 9 years ago

That, my dear, is the Universal Human Dilemma.

• Julia
    Lv 7
    9 years ago

i watched a Horizon programme on TV about pain and there was a girl with some extremely rare genetic flaw which meant she didn't feel any pain. It was a huge disadvantage and she's ended up with a lot of terrible physical injury's because she couldn't feel the damage as it happened. the thoughts of having no pain sounds appealing, but in reality it is a massive disadvantage. pain is a warning that things are wrong.

• 9 years ago

I rather not feel pain because f*ck that.

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • Anonymous
    9 years ago

I would feel both. If you don't know of sorrow, how can you know of the sweet things?

• 9 years ago

They both suck. I've been so low that apathy was something to aspire to. I've also hurt so intensively that you start to wonder when you'll black out...hope for it.

I suppose the feel nothing, not even physical would be dangerous...so the pain I guess.

• 9 years ago

I do both every day. It's called being alive and living with a painful disability.

Besides...emotions, morals and the ability to decipher right from wrong is what separates us from animals and makes us human; oh yeah, and alive. W/o those things you are simply a walking, functioning Zombie.

• 9 years ago

You could die if you feel no physical pain, imagine an internal rupture that you known nothing about. I'd choose >> Feel both but you are in pain a lot.

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.