Paige asked in Arts & HumanitiesPhilosophy · 9 years ago

Feel nothing or feel everything but with a lot of pain? ?

: Would you rather be able to feel no physical sensations whatsoever (pain , pleasure ) or to be able to feel both but you are in pain a lot?

Favorite Answer

I'd rather be able to feel exactly as I do right now. How about you?

That, my dear, is the Universal Human Dilemma.

• Julia

i watched a Horizon programme on TV about pain and there was a girl with some extremely rare genetic flaw which meant she didn't feel any pain. It was a huge disadvantage and she's ended up with a lot of terrible physical injury's because she couldn't feel the damage as it happened. the thoughts of having no pain sounds appealing, but in reality it is a massive disadvantage. pain is a warning that things are wrong.

I rather not feel pain because f*ck that.

I would feel both. If you don't know of sorrow, how can you know of the sweet things?

They both suck. I've been so low that apathy was something to aspire to. I've also hurt so intensively that you start to wonder when you'll black out...hope for it.

I suppose the feel nothing, not even physical would be dangerous...so the pain I guess.

I do both every day. It's called being alive and living with a painful disability.

Besides...emotions, morals and the ability to decipher right from wrong is what separates us from animals and makes us human; oh yeah, and alive. W/o those things you are simply a walking, functioning Zombie.

You could die if you feel no physical pain, imagine an internal rupture that you known nothing about. I'd choose >> Feel both but you are in pain a lot.