bundy asked in Society & CultureLanguages · 9 years ago

Why does the Cockney accent turn me on?

I know most people really hate the English accent and find them to be extremely annoying but for some reason whenever I hear a cockney accent it (how do I put it) gets me going, why could that be?

Favorite Answer

why do u feel most people hate the english accent.

maybe the circles you move in find it so

maybe they wish they coud speak english correctly and cant.

everyone has their little fetish and cockeny is yours..although hardly english i think.

true cockney you wouldnt even understand..

it has its own dialogue of different words very diverse from english

• pat z

England has at least as many accents as the United States. And then you can go to Scotland or Ireland or Australia or Canada for even more.

And I don't know where you got the "idea" that "most people really hate the English accent".

THE "English accent" doesn't exist.

Source(s): American living in western Europe.
  • Lou

Because Cockney accent's sexy. 'nough said.

I hate Londoners. Scouse accent is the best

Source(s): Liverpoolean
  • BoB

Cockney is not 'the English accent' Cockney is London/Southern, you may as well say everyone in the US speaks like people from Dallas.

Look up Devonshire, Manchester, Liverpudlian, Geordie, and Cumbrian accents to get something very far removed.

And you get turned on by Cockney accents because you have never heard people from Northern Ireland ;-)

@ I love Apple - Scouse sounds terrible, its a high pitched whine with phlegm, you sound like an asthmatic poodle being swung round in circles and occasionally kicked

your mum turns me on ;)