I want a safe place to share my photography and photography business. Flickr, Tumblr or Facebook?

I have a watermark on my work.

I want an effective place where it can be easily shown.

• B K
    Favorite Answer

There is no such thing as a "safe place" to share photos on the internet.

Watermark or not, if you post an image on a website, anyone can copy it. If you can see an image in a web browser or on a website, then the image has already been downloaded to the viewers computer.

There is no way to prevent someone from copying your images other than not physically posting them on the internet.

You can of course make it harder or less useful for a potential thief - just upload low resolution versions of your images. That way they won't be useful for anything much.

I agree, there is no way to fully protect your work. Even if right click is disabled, all anyone has to do is take a screen shot of the image and then crop it down.

Now, what everyone needs to know is how the law really works - watermark or not, if you created something it is AUTOMATICALLY protected under copyright laws if you can prove you created it first. A lot of people don't realize this. There is a statue of limitations though - that is how people use things from history without any worry about infringement.

I hope this helps - I prefer flickr myself.

Blessings,

Victoria

kadupul.biz

Wantitfree2.com

Source(s): I'm an IT professional and studied copyright laws

there is no place that is 100% safe... there are ways and means to get the images... whether by taking a screenshot or hacking the servers...

if you want 100% safe - don't put them in the public domain...

Flickr is well established but when viewing images in full size, right click copy protection is not in place. So your images can easily be copied without you knowing it.

The same is true for facebook.

I would recommend 500px.com. Fom experience, 500px offers more visibility for your image than flickr. People put their watermarks on their 500px photos ll the time. Right click protection is in place, but saving the page as complete website still allows anyone to download your photos.

Or you can also try a very new website, and become one of their pioneering members -- 4thfolio.com. right click protection is in place, and when your photo page is saved as a complete website in File->save... your photo doesn't get downloaded. You can put your watermarks on your image anyway you want.

So there.. You want a place where your photos are safe, but open for public viewing, try 4thFolio.com.

Source(s): Www.4thFolio.com