Alana C asked in News & EventsCurrent Events · 9 years ago

Will Sweden, a country with a history of 'pliability', now extradite Julian Assange to the U.S.A.?

4 Answers

Relevance
  • 9 years ago
    Favorite Answer

You do know that the U.S. would have an easier time extraditing Assange from the U.K. vs. Sweden right?

The espionage laws for the U.K. and the U.S. are more in sync which allows less leeway to fight the extradition.

Plus the U.S. has not even filed charges (let alone an extradition warrant) against Assange yet, and likely will not until after the court martial of Manning is over. As they will need information from that case to be able to make a case against Assange. If he was actively working with Manning/advising him how to mass dump classified information BEFORE Manning mass downloaded it. As that changes the nature of what charges they could bring.

Frankly from an extradition standpoint to the U.S., Assange is safer in Sweden than in the U.K.

• 9 years ago

Yep, probably. Good old espionage. Governments usually frown upon that.

• Anonymous
    9 years ago

Yes he's pretty much dead man walking Barack Obama wanted to kill an Arab A whitier an Asian and a Jew! Guess which wont be no not black nor Hispanic? Black! Obama is racist! I ought to know! I suffered racist persecution as a white during anti apartheid era! Obama is racist black is all he cares about? He made the mistake of publishing an unacceptable fighter pilot video its black revenge!

• 9 years ago

I would hope not, however they are prone to doing the unexpected.

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.