Loud Creepy Bang/Growl and Bright Blue Flash Outside House?

Around 1:30am tonight, was on laptop when I heard the most creepy, bone-chilling echoing growl from outside my window; it was more of a bang, but a sound I've never encountered in my 22 years. Following the distinct bang, the power went out from our apartment for 3 seconds. My roommates in my living room also reported seeing a huge, bright blue flash pour through the window from outside for a brief moment around the same time of the sound. What could have happened? I went outside and did not notice a fire, or any sort of electrical malfunction- no telephone poles were down and no power boxes are even on the street. What did we see? Thanks in advance.

Favorite Answer

Something just hit the power-line then. It's nothing to worry about, if something touches the power-line, it interrupts the electric flow and stops electricity from getting to houses, apartments, cardboard boxes etc. So look around the power line near where you saw the flash/heard the noise. There should be something black on the ground.

Source(s): GOOGLE LOL

It depends upon what the flash is! First U go & investagate the source, If it is the police, U watch what goes down. If it is an ambulance U watch and spot who's going for a experience to the hospital & pray that nothing is just too critical. If it's a ufo do not stay and watch U would go Bye-Bye. Whether it is someone with a flash-mild U go get something it takes to stop them from coming into Ur house.... It relatively relies on what is going on. However in spite of everything U want to look after Ur Ur suroundins & yes I was once growing up in that time. What does it topic, U still have got to do what U must do!!! Proper??

Ever consider it could of been lightning striking or the power lines exploding.but if it wasn't raining it might be the second one

OMG ALIENS nah jk maybe the power went overloaded

It's your next door neighbor..