Do Soap and Detergents have the same effects on different types of water?

I’ve got a task which is due next week on the Topic as written above

“Do Soap and Detergents have the same effects on different types of water?”

Can I get the materials like what are some of the things that I will need to carry out in this experiment or for my result. And I will also need the method but method should be in past tense like what are some of the things we did in the experiment step by step.

That’s all ^_^ but do it your best…. thanx in advance :D

what are the materials if we are doing this as a experiment.

and the method on how was it carried out??

Favorite Answer

no they don't hard water and soft water act different to detergents. you need more detergent in hard water.

The main purpose of a detergent is to lower the surface tension of the water so that it can more readily contact the surface of the dishes and clean them. The hot water is the main cleaning agent. When dishes are washed thoroughly in any detergent and hot water they finish up clean, so do not worry about germs. You should always rinse dishes after washing if you wash up by hand, or detergent residues on the cups especially can flavour your drinks unpleasantly. Dishwashers have a rinse cycle so this isn't a problem. Even if the detergent was harmful it is all rinsed off. Dishwashing detergents are made to increase food safety so there is no need to worry about them, especially as they are all rinsed off anyway.

No, in hard water you would need to use more detergent and in soft less.