Why does my cat follow me everywhere!?

He is a 2 year old neutered tom and I've had him since he was a kitten. He's always been affectionate but recently I can't move without him being under my feet. I lock him out of the bedroom at night as otherwise he'd be sleeping on my head...literally. As soon as I open the bedroom door in the... show more He is a 2 year old neutered tom and I've had him since he was a kitten. He's always been affectionate but recently I can't move without him being under my feet. I lock him out of the bedroom at night as otherwise he'd be sleeping on my head...literally. As soon as I open the bedroom door in the morning he is there waiting for me. I think he hears my alarm and I can hear him running from his bed downstairs! He follows me to the bathroom rubbing himself all over me. He even tries to jump on my lap while I'm sitting on the toilet! The first thing I do is put out his food but he's not interested in it. He's only interested in me. Sometimes he's left me a lovely present of a dead mouse which he's brought in through the night (delightful) and I can't move without him being in front of my hands or around my feet. I know he loves me and I love him to bits too. He's such a loving little guy. I try to give him lots of affection. He's usually trying to get on my lap before I've even sat down and he sleeps on top of me when I'm relaxing watching tv and I scratch his head and stroke him. He does go outdoors too but when he comes in the cat flap he makes this high pitched miaow like he's calling me too see if I'm in and if he hears my voice he comes running! He has gotten worse recently and I wonder if it's anything to do with me being 40 weeks pregnant. is he trying to protect me. Does he think I'm his Mum? Its so funny and sweet but can become annoying as I can't do anything without him being there...like trying to eat with him sitting in my lap!
7 answers 7