Why does my SAT score report say that I omitted answers when I didn't?

My score report said that I omitted TWENTY questions.. I ended up getting a 540, but how is this possible? I made sure to bubble every answer, and answer every question!!

At first, I thought that maybe it had to do with the experimental section, but I took the SAT test three times, and all my other scores had no extra omitted answers..

Are anyone else's scores like this?!

Yes. I used a #2 pencil. I specifically remember borrowing it from the test center.

Could it be that I used two different #2 pencils? I used both a hard lead and soft lead pencil..

@michelle: It's yahoo answers isn't it? I can ask whatever I want can't I?

@cathrl69: What I meant to say was I used two different brands of pencil. One was softer and easier to write with and the other required more pressure.

http://ts4.mm.bing.net/images/thumbnail.aspx?q=471...

http://ts3.mm.bing.net/images/thumbnail.aspx?q=498...

Favorite Answer

"I used both a hard lead and soft lead pencil.."

I don't understand. #2 defines the hardness of the lead. This is like saying "I have two 5 pound weights, but one is heavier than the other."

It sounds to me as if your paper didn't scan correcly.

positioned the score request on the applying for the attempt. Then it will get sent via collegeboard as quickly through fact the score turns into accessible. Your first 4 score comments this way are loose (particularly of the $9.80 5 you need to pay in any different case). Rush Reporting is like $26, so do it for loose via putting it on your SAT registration.

Why are you asking yahoo? It's not like we scanned your test or watched you take it.

Maybe you marked some answers too light, or they had an incomplete mark, or you used the wrong kind of pencil (unlikely if you've done the SAT thrice, which would imply you know what you're doing).

Did you use a number 2 pencil?