SA.™
SA.™ asked in HealthOther - Health · 9 years ago

Finally quitting smoking...?

Today i finally smoked my last cigarette. I know its going to be hard but i set a goal for myself. I'm already having headaches thought. What does this mean? Also i got rid of all my packs. How do i keep myself from not buying some? I usually like to smoke when I'm drinking. Need some tips. Thanks

Favorite Answer

good for u, u wont regret it. I quit a 21 year habit cold turkey and the one thing that stood out most was that it wasnt as difficult as everyone says it is. I didnt have any headaches, so u may want to keep an eye on those. I did however make sure i drank atleast a litre of water a day, sometimes more. So increase ur water intake because headaches can be a sign of dehydration.

I also read this free online book

http://www.quitsmokingonline.com/quitsmokingnatura...

it helped alot.

Best of luck and health.

Headaches are from quitting its your body's way of telling you it wants one..its like withdraws. I've heard of people chewing gum while trying to quit. And keeping something in your hands when you start craving is said to help. Best luck!!!

Spend time to REALLY understand how much smoking damages you.

Best .

Source(s): life

the headaches are just a withdrawal symptom. my friend thought of the effects smoking has to keep him from smoking. effects such as COPD and how sick you feel. and once you feel the breathing improvements and other positive effects, remember those when you want to pick up a cigarette, that smoking will take all the good health feelings away