Anonymous
Anonymous asked in HealthDiet & Fitness · 9 years ago

Did I eat enough today?

Asking this again because my first attempt was a fail.

For breakfast I had two eggs just the whites, a small green apple and a half cup of plain oatmeal. For lunch I had a half cup of oatmeal and two eggs just the whites. For dinner I had a cup of green beans, about 2 oz of baked skinless chicken with no seasonings and a small potato. For after dinner snack I had 2 oz of baked skinless chicken with no seasonings and a cup of green beans.

I want to lose weight but I don't know if I'm eating too little. I don't want my body to go into starvation mode. I walked for an hour and rode the stationary bike for 15 minutes and 40 push ups and 40 sit ups.

i use to count calories but haven't for a while. I'm not 100% sure but I think you ate between 750 to 900 calories. That seems very low.

How come you are throwing all the egg yolks away? How about eating 2 of them. That would add about 80 calories. Why not eat a whole cup of oatmeal per meal. How about eating 4 oz of chicken at each meal. That should add another 100 to 150 calories. Snack on a serving of nuts, another 150 to 200 calories and one more piece of fruit.

FYI, I personally don't believe in the starvation mode thing. When you lose fat, your metabolism will slow down (1 lb of fat burns 2 calories a day). When you lose muscle, your metabolism will slow down (1 lb of muscle burns anywhere from 6 - 35 calories a day, depending on the study you read).

The reason I think you ate too little is because it will be hard to maintain your muscle mass eating so little. Just my opinion but I think when you eat so little, your body will want to get rid of muscle since it takes only 600 calories to burn one pound of muscle while fat has 3500 calories.

wow...Its not going to go into starvation mode from eating like that...you have to go at least a WEEK without eating if that...like seriously, "did I eat enough?" Stop listening to other ppl talk about "starvation mode" and do your own research on the matter...You are definitely eating the right amount of food to loose weight...

I eat whatever I want. Key is to only eat when your hi gry and when your not hungry snack on nuts or fruit. Everyday I do 300 squats 300 situps and 300 any other activity.

U won't even get buff you'll get really nice and toned.