Christians, Do you think this is a good idea?

This is a gay bible camp for christians.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IOsebahjEqI

Youtube thumbnail

My friend couldn't go to a mission trip to mexico because she's a lesbian but they have a gay camp. I'm sure some of the girls kiss girls/ boys kiss boys. I don't know if they should use God to bring gay people together, but I guess it's good that they can meet other gay christians.

Favorite Answer

Wonderful idea. The gay camps to turn them straight are even better. You should watch the movie "But! I'm a Cheerleader" That'll give you a good idea.

That movie was awesome..

OMG. I WATCHED THE VIDEO. HAHAHAHAHA.

i do agree there are people who have homosexual problems but they need to be helped to walk the right path , and to keep away from it ,it is not how we are made , god created adam and eve not adam and steve , so i am against homosexual people but i dont hate anyone ,i just say they have to be put on the right path ,dont touch it

• ?

A Christian camp is not a good idea.

• ?

It is never a good idea to redefine God's prohibitions and tailor them to our sinful desires. Gay camps for Christians are really camps for non Christians who are self deluded and think God has a special place of acceptance for them despite the fact that the Bible is replete with condemnation and hostorical examples of wrath for that sin. God hates all sin, even people denying he exists. But homosexuality is such a grievous sin because it goes to the foundation of human design by God who is its creator, and tells God he did not do a good job. To put it in simple terms take any design from any designer who intended his design for a specific purpose, finalized, perfected and patented.....and revise that design for something other than what it was intended for and then claim it as your own and I guarantee you will have an infuriated designer.

Source(s): The bible

how can a gay person be christian? that's like saying that guy is a murderer but he's christian. you christians make no sense to me.

Then in ten or so years we can have mixed camps, then we'll all be good.

I do not think that this is a good idea, the bible is very clear that God does not approve of homosexuals.

1 Corinthians 6:9-10 - "Do you not know that the wicked will not inherit the kingdom of God? Do not be deceived: Neither the sexually immoral nor idolaters nor adulterers nor male prostitutes nor homosexual offenders nor thieves nor the greedy nor drunkards nor slanderers nor swindlers will inherit the kingdom of God."

I do believe that homosexuals can be changed so that they can inherit the kingdom of God, so that they are, in fact, no longer homosexual.

1 Corinthians 6:11 - "And that is what some of you were. But you were washed, you were sanctified, you were justified in the name of the Lord Jesus Christ and by the Spirit of our God."

However this does require repentance, as does forgiveness of any sin.

I do not see how a Christian can be gay, when they are saved they might be but after that they should work hard to eradicate themselves of their sinful nature, with God's help of course. When we die we will not be perfect, and neither will they, but at least then we will have lived to please the Lord and not ourselves. I know I would not be able to encourage this camp without feeling a severe burden of guilt as it would mean I was encouraging their sinful nature. I would not do that for anyone else so why should I do it for them?

I think it is this very thing the Bible warns us against so many times, but is taking place in these last days, before the judgment of God comes upon those who have chosen to live in sin:

" But among you there must not be even a hint of sexual immorality, or of any kind of impurity, or of greed, because these are improper for God’s holy people. Nor should there be obscenity, foolish talk or coarse joking, which are out of place, but rather thanksgiving. For of this you can be sure: No immoral, impure or greedy person—such a man is an idolater —has any inheritance in the kingdom of Christ and of God. Let no one deceive you with empty words, for because of such things God’s wrath comes on those who are disobedient. Therefore do not be partners with them.

For you were once darkness, but now you are light in the Lord. Live as children of light (for the fruit of the light consists in all goodness, righteousness and truth) and find out what pleases the Lord. Have nothing to do with the fruitless deeds of darkness, but rather expose them. For it is shameful even to mention what the disobedient do in secret. But everything exposed by the light becomes visible, for it is light that makes everything visible. This is why it is said:

“Wake up, O sleeper,

rise from the dead,

and Christ will shine on you.”

Ephesians 5:3-14

If you read the Bible, especially the New Testament regularly, you need not be carried away by the error of false teachers. Jesus came to save us from our sins, not save us to live in sin.

For young people who are really seeking God, and seeking after holiness, visit:

http://www.teenmania.com/

http://www.ihop.org/

Camp for what?

learning about God... or a get away for sinning?

To meet other people... oh...

I don't think it's a good idea. Just looking at it seems that they're after promoting fornication, rather than teaching how to be homosexual:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Andrea_Dworkin#Relati...

If anything, it might be a good experience to have.