mkt
mkt asked in Beauty & StyleMakeup · 9 years ago

What is a good light makeup for summer that has good (moderate) coverage?

Lately I've been using Laura Geller concealer mixed with moisturizer. I got it in a kit from Ulta so I've just been using it...but I've noticed I need something that will:

1) Not settle in lines OR be thin enough not to be obvious

2) Stay on in humidity of summer

3) Cover dark circles or uneven skin tone

In addition to that i need a powder to set it but it needs to be lightweight. I was using Physicians Formula Mineral Wear but...I don't know, it seems too heavy? It can look cakey easily.

I really love eshiko face powder, you can google it or check their site at eshiko.com

its a transparent nanocrystals made in Japan and its a light refractant. basically when you brush it on your face the effect is amazing. It instantly makes the pores smaller and makes your skin radiant, glowing, smooth and perfect.

it also prevents oil for the whole day with only one application. the only thing i dont like about this powder is its very expensive, its 30 bucks and can only be ordered online and it came from Japan so expect 1 to 2 weeks shipping.

But its all worth it.

Maybelinne dream matte mousse, works as foundation and powder. Goes on evenly, stays on, light weight. I've tried so many foundations and powders that end up with the same problems your having, so by far the best :) 8$ and can get at any drugstore!

Source(s): Personal experience!

I'd suggest Bobbi Brown Natural Finish Long Lasting Foundation SPF15. But its a liquid foundation - amazing if you want light coverage that can take the humidity and not leave your face shinny. They also have a good range of colours with very natural looking undertones.

Source(s): Me, my face!

I use the nars sheer glow foundation I love it! It's a bit pricey but worth it. Also I like Laura meceier or whatever her last name is. Also I adore the Nars concealer definitely a must. If anything I suggest going to sephora and find a reasonable price foundation and just a tip before you buy it get a color match!!!

Laura Mercier Tinted Moisturizer is absolutely fabulous! Its a little pricey (42$) but honestly worth EVERY penny! it doesn't crease up gives great coverage, SPF, doesn't feel thick or cakey

it feels so lightweight perfect for summer!

another option is the Covergirl nature Luxe foundation so lightweight but good coverage and go a shade darker because its very light and very affordable!

and a great powder is from CoverGirl if you have oily skin the oil control powder (blue packaging)

if you have sensitive skin/ which also works for me because i have oily and sensitive so this works for me! (green packaging) and if you have normal or sensitive and dry then (brown packaging)

hope i helped! xx\

i use nyc cover up stick.