Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Society & CultureReligion & Spirituality · 9 years ago

Is it scripturally correct to ask 4 forgiveness of sins every time i pray.?

Please answer with strong scriptural refference.

5 Answers

Relevance
  • 9 years ago
    Favorite Answer

Have you received the grace of God through faith in Jesus, becoming born again, and becoming a child of God?

see this and consider:

http://www.campuscrusade.com/fourlawsflash.htm

But if you know you are born of God, you have received power to overcome sin, and you don't have to be sinning every day like people in the world.

However when we do sin, we are to confess (admit that it is sin), ask forgiveness, and get back to the business of living right.

" If we claim to be without sin, we deceive ourselves and the truth is not in us. If we confess our sins, he is faithful and just and will forgive us our sins and purify us from all unrighteousness. If we claim we have not sinned, we make him out to be a liar and his word has no place in our lives.

My dear children, I write this to you so that you will not sin. But if anybody does sin, we have one who speaks to the Father in our defense —Jesus Christ, the Righteous One. He is the atoning sacrifice for our sins, and not only for ours but also for the sins of the whole world. "

find sound Bible teaching here:

http://www.derekprince.org/

I John 1:8-2:2

• "If we confess our sins, he is faithful and just to forgive us our sins, and to cleanse us from all unrighteousness."

1 John 1:9

Does this mean that without confession there is no forgiveness? No. Jesus cleansed us of ALL sin, past, present and future. Confession is good for the soul. It tells God that you know you have sinned, and brings us into a closer relationship with Jesus. Bear in mind that we will be accountable for every word uttered. Confessed sin will be removed as far as the east is from the west. So yes, I believe it is scripturally correct.

• Anonymous
    9 years ago

First of all having sins while serving God is an offense towards Him, for this is heretical (Titus 3:10-11), the self-condemned.

The reason why so many Christians still have sin and say their miserable repentance prayers is because they have the wrong gospel. If that gospel was the truth, then that truth would have set them free, but this is not the case.

The correct gospel that blots out all our sins is called the water and the Spirit (John 3:5).

Source(s): www.nlmusa.com
  • Moi
    Lv 7
    9 years ago

Well I know of no scripture that demands that - but it certainly does not hurt.

Isa 59:2 Your sins are the roadblock between you and your God. That's why he doesn't answer your prayers or let you see his face.

Mar 11:25 Whenever you stand up to pray, you must forgive what others have done to you. Then your Father in heaven will forgive your sins.

Act 22:16 What are you waiting for? Get up! Be baptized, and wash away your sins by praying to the Lord."

All CEV quotes

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • 9 years ago

If you are saved, God has forgiven you of your past, present, and future sins. You do not have to ask for forgiveness every time you pray.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=M_k_qukye3s

Youtube thumbnail

&feature=plcp

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.