is there a way to completely forget someone?

i am sick of the memories i have of her, of all the time we spent together because all it does is hurt me. is there any way to completely get someone out of your head forever, like erase their existence all together like in "eternal sunshine of the spotless mind"?

• mogley
    Favorite Answer

No you don't forget, you only diminish the thought through time and further experience of people and association

Source(s): Some years have passed but the thought is still there and many friends I have made.

The brain is an extraordinary creation. Much like a full cup of water, every time more water is added some water falls off. The brain works in a similar fashion. The brain is comprised of billion of neurons that store memories, but as time passes, old memories will be discarded to make ways for new memories.

The best thing for you to do is create new memories with other important people in your life or finder another significant other and once you start caring about that person and spending more of your time with her, then you will be creating new memories with her, which will ultimately replace most of your memories of the person you want to completely forget

Source(s): my intelligence..

many ways.. you concentrate on another work