Is it safe if i use a laptop for about 12 or more hours everyday Continously?

i have a laptop. and i use it for 14+ Hours a day continously.. I'm Worried that my Hard Drive might be getting overstressed since i use it all day. and i download media.That means that my laptop is Constantly Doing read and writes to it. Does a Hard drive have some kind of fatigue and might cause a Failure sometime in the future? Any Ideas on how i can use my laptop for extended amounts of time without Damaging or doing anything harmful to any of it's components? and is it safe to use the laptop without the battery while it's Powered via outlet? thanks in adv.! :D

Thanks for all your Answers. Help me a lot. :D I didn't expect you People to answer that fast. :)

Used laptop is good for daily use it is also depend upon your laptop configuration. but careful for the windows updation and also install good antivirus

Hard drives aren't meant to go through power-on and power-off cycles; it's better to leave mechanical drives on indefinitely. Even an SSD can sustain many years of constant read/write cycles before needing over-provisioning or replacement, NAND isn't how it used to be.

In simple terms, don't worry. Don't worry about how many seeks your doing a day, or how many cells your solid-state drive goes through. Only when you start getting bad sectors (HDTune Trial will give you benchmarks and health scans).

hard drives (And other hardware) have what are called MTBF's (mean time before failure) google the model and brand of the hard drive for the exact numbers of your particular drive. generally tho, even with intense use, your looking at years of use before problems start appearing.

Ive had this laptop for 9years and its left on 24/7....no probs

No, won't hurt a bit. Hard drivers are built like that. Even the newer SSD HDD's can run for 5 years continously.

be looking to buy a new hard drive every 2 years