Alex asked in PetsRodents · 9 years ago

Is my Pet Rat Sick ? please answer ASAP?

I had 2 rats. Drowus and Coraline. Drowus got out of his cage so Coraline is alone. After 1 or 2 days I noticed Coraline doesn't go out of their clubhouse and play with toys, and she sleeps a LOT already.... then yesterday I got her a new friend coz i didn't want her to be lonely and they both enjoyed playing together. But today, Coraline didn't play anymore, she doesn't move very much anymore too, and prefer sleeping than playing, her other eye is half-closed while the other is not, this lunch I caught her sleeping.... in a WEIRD position she didn't cuddle up in a BALL position and her forehead was touching the floor...... is she dying ??? PLEASE D;

also,... she doesn't look very white anymore, it looks as if her Hair is thinning out ? o.O

Favorite Answer

I would take her to a vet bc any inactive female is definitely not normal, unless she's really old. She may be sad about her companion, but I would take it to the vet ASAP to be safe.

Also, the sleeping on her forehead thing is not weird, my girls do it all the time. You can google search "rats sleeping on top of head" and find it is common. So don't stress about that! Hopefully that improves your mood a little.

Best of luck!

Source(s): Rat Mommy.

It could just be because she's lost her friend, but I would take her to the vet a.s.a.p as any abnormal behaviour could be a sign of serious illness.

Source(s): I've had pet rats and other rodents my entire live, and I am a qualified nature conservationist and game ranger!

I am not sure what is going on all i can say is make her as comfortable as possible and have clean water accessible to her until morning, Then take her to the vet. If you have an emergency vet clinic take her there. It does sound serious.