Can a guy and a girl be just friends?

two straight people? because i like this one guy as just a friend and i think he likes me but i don't like him like that. we are going to hang out for lunch. is it possible to stay friends?

Favorite Answer

Yes.

My best friend is a guy. We have been best friends for two years.

In the beginning I liked him but was imediately friend zoned. This did help though. We became closer and I lost feelings for him, considering him more of a brother then a love interest.

There are many ups and downs in a boy-girl friendship, but if your friendship is strong enough, and you really love eachother it will work out.

If you don't plan on being this close with the guy, I suggest making it clear that you don't want anything happening between you two, because you just don't consider him that way. Explain how you feel and hopefully, you become as happy as I am in a boy-girl relationship.

We both date other people while still being close friends, and it effects us null.

Don't listen to the bogus.

It's possible.

Yes, he will find someone else when he realizes you don't like him like that. And if he still likes you as a person he will be there as a friend, if he disappears then he was only interested in the romantic aspect. But, to answer your question a guy and girl can be friends, plain and simple. I have many guy friends.

Yep it's possible. If you don't like him just let him know if he shows his possible feelings for you. He might even just want to stay as friends :)

xo

Yes but only if neither person is in love with the other.

he probally is going to stop hanging out with you because he's wasting his time, im being very honest, if he feels theres no chance hes gonna probally stop hanging out with you or hang out less, unless he actually wants to be friends, then carry on :)

Source(s): im a dude

Naaaah!

i never works out that way. face it. something's going to happen and sooner or later your friendship with this bloke is going to be ruined. sorry. it's the truth.

Yupp, very possible.

Source(s): I'm just friends with guys and I'm a girl.