I think I may have G.A.D. but I'm too afraid to talk to my mom about it?

I'm 16 years old and I think I may have generalized anxiety disorder. I am suffering from many of the symptoms including having suicidal thoughts, so I know I need help. Please don't say it's just teenage angst. Something is wrong with me that is keeping me from going to parties and social events because I think something bad is going to happen. It's also keeping me from sleeping when I worry about certain aspects of my life like school and relationships.

Anyway, I would need to talk to my mom about it before I go to the doctor because there is a chance that, if I am diagnosed with G.A.D., that I will need medication. I'm afraid that she will just yell at me and tell me that it's nothing and to stop being a baby. Any suggestions? Thank you.

I have tried to kill myself once already. I don't need you telling me that what I'm going through is fake. Thanks.

Favorite Answer

Please disregard joe's rant. If I was you I would seek counseling at your school from the counselor. If anything they can be a median between you and your mother. Suicidal thoughts should be taken very seriously. If your put on medication, be extremely vigilant at noticing if your suicidal thoughts increase or your depression worsens. This means this drug isn't for you and you need to get more counseling and placed on something else.

Please be careful, life is worth living and I hope for the best for you.

Social nervousness doesn't exist. It's a term made up through liberal psychologists to offer dad and mom a get out clause that they are able to use when their kids don't meet traditional social stereotypes. Clearly, it can be something that a father or mother can say that their child has in an effort to alleviate themselves from blame when their half of-*ssed parenting screws their children up, or which a mum or dad can use to make it appear as if their little one is in poor health as a substitute than admitting that they do not follow the pattern of the perfect American teen as seen on tv. Don't are attempting medicine. It is going to turn you right into a zombie and will rob you of your individuality. You are not a freak, what you consider of as being common is a too perfect photograph invented for television. You are now not a personality on the OC or Beverly Hills 90210, so you don't ought to act like one. Simply receive that you're you you're and be happy with yourself. While you discontinue trying to live as much as not possible stereotypes you can quickly in finding that your now not as shy as you proposal you had been and that you're just first-class.

It makes me sick when parents tell their kids to stop being depressed. Try telling a cancer patient to will the cancer away. Mental health can be so much more important than physical health. Your physical health will decline if you aren't mentally healthy. Do what ever you have to do to get help for yourself. Find a doctor that will speak with you alone. Parents can be pushy, and sometimes they see the problems that their kids are having as them (the parent) not doing a good enough job. Keep your chin up ok? Reach out to your friends, reach out to your teachers or the school nurse. You know, if you tell them (school employees) that you are suicidal they HAVE to get you to a hospital to be evaluated. They may call the police, but you will get help, and your mom won't be able to stop them.

Source(s): Amy Thompson

All of these "disorders" are fake as far as their being "diseases" is concened and they've given names to these problems largely to make money off of them. Making every problem in life a "disease" is insane, itself, and the psychiatrists apparently need to treat each other after the doors are locked at 5 pm.