Anonymous
Anonymous asked in PetsDogs · 9 years ago

My dog died and I think it's my fault.?

This morning my mom told me we were going to her boyfriends to plan our vacation. We go over there a lot and usually take snickers our dog. But today she said we'd just leave her home. I love bringing her and kept asking my mom. She finally gave in and we brought her. We planned the trip then ate dinner. After dinner I went to the bathroom and heard the front door. It was my mom and her boyfriend. I also heard the dog running on the floor. I came out of the bathroom and went outside to see what was going on. My mom said the dog had run out but there was nothing to worry about and because I had some work to do went back inside. Later after they came in snickers hadn't come back yet. I went outside to find her. I found my dog in the street...dead. I feel terrible. Was it my fault (be truthful)

• Favorite Answer

nononononononono!

of course it isn't your fault!

my beloved first dog, who had been with me for 7 years was killed by a stray dog once.

my mum took our little guy for a walk and this stray staffie just came up and bit right into him, we took him to the animal hospital and he didn't make it. i definitely don't blame my mum for this incident just because she was the one who took him out at that time.

it's not your fault at all, you had no idea that this would happen at all.

it would only ever be your fault if you could see the future and knew your dog was going to pass away at this event, which you didn't.

don't blame yourself for this, okay. it isn't your fault, sweetie

xx

You should never leave your dog outside without supervision. If you do the dog needs to be on a leash.

But freak accidents happend all the time.

Your mother and the boyfriend should have got the dog when it ran out of the door instead of leaving her out there. You should also have gone out to look for her when you knew she was running loose.

Sadly because you all were careless your dog was hit by a car. Your mother gave you very bad advice when she said there was nothing to worry about.

Most people know never to turn their dogs loose, in an unfenced area with traffic. My dogs don't even go back & forth to the car, unleashed.

I'm so sorry about your dog, and no it is not your fault. You didn't do anything wrong, it's nice that you liked to take the dog with you.

if she was out in the middle of the road then she probably got hit by a car... don't blame yourself things like that happen all the time.

This is was not your fault. Your dog was just in the wrong place at the wrong time.

That's like a freak accident man don't blame yourself

Dont worry it is NOT your fault. Things happen for a reason

No