Sleeping on an industrial piercing?

Alright so school's almost out and my plan is to get my industrial on my right ear asap so that when school comes back in session if it gets bumped a little or someone touchs it, my ear won't hurt as badly as it would if I get it say...two weeks before school's in. I have a cliche cartiledge piercing high up on my left ear and I had that about a week maybe two and I could sleep on it fine. So how bad is the burden to sleep on an industrial?

Favorite Answer

It's not very nice to sleep on it at all. Personally I found it was much sorer than standard helix piercing. If it gets too painful, try a hot chamomile teabag compress, which is supposed to be very soothing for piercings, or so I've read. :P

It is OK for you to sleep on your industrial piercing. Percings generally take a lot of abuse during sleep as people tend to roll around and change position. You'll want to make sure that you clean the crusties and blood off regularly, but other than that you're all good. I personally trained myself to sleep with my hand cupped under my head holding my ear. It helped a lot and prevented many mornings of bleeding piercings.

Try not to sleep on it.

However, I'm the type that can never be comfortable just on one side all the time. I used to sleep with my hand under my face when I slept on that side (one hand on the pillow with my cheek on it) which lifted my head just enough to take the pressure off my industrial. I didn't have to change my sleep position much and I was able to sleep.

I had mine done on Friday and safe to say it's very very painful to sleep on. When I would move I would wake up straight away in pain

I got my industrial done yesterday, and I slept on it last night.

I'm good at staying on one side and I didn't wake up at all, but a few times before I went to sleep I leaned on it because I'm not used to it, and it really hurts, but not for long. Its not a sting either its just a strong ache.

They look really good though and its worth it.

Make sure you know about aftercare, I have to soak my ear in sea salt solution daily (has to be sea salt, not table salt)

Hope I helped :) Check out the pic of my industrial in the sources

Source(s): Personal Experience http://instagr.am/p/LNdBzDIIbY/

Try not to sleep on it as much cos that would slow down the healing proccess and can cause infection to the piercing.

IF its unavoidable and you don't feel comfortable sleeping on your other side, consider getting the side you don't sleep on pierced.

Source(s): Own personal experience