2012 Harley XL883N Iron 75-80 mph vibration.?

I own a 2012 Harley xl883n iron all stock, and when cruising at 75-80mph the vibration is just immense. Let me know if it's just me or if all irons have that. Thanx in advance.

Favorite Answer

The Iron has a rubber-mounted engine. They have very little vibration. Take it in and have them check that the neck bearings on the stearing stem are tight, and get the wheels/tyres inspected and balanced.

Have it checked out to be comfortable.....since it's so new, I really doubt that the neck bearings are already out of whack. Or that you lost a wheel weight.

Get RID of those crap Dunlops!

Worst junk I ever rode on, and I used to buy the cheapest tires possible.

• Alan

I'm sick of ignorant people with their "it's a harley" comments.

I had a honda that vibrated at high speeds to... wait what , a honda?!?!?!!

But seriously, It's brand new, take it back and have them look at it. 75-80 isn't fast enough to cause it to vibrate. Harley's don't vibrate like people think they do when cruising. I've had mine up to 120 and no vibration what-so-ever. Had my honda up to 90 and it felt like it was going to explode.

• strech

As others have stated, Harleys vibrate.

When you get towards high RPMs, the vibration increases.

At 75-80 MPH, are you taching out? If so, you might want to consider changing sprocket/pulley to lower RPMs at that range if it bothers you that much, and you want to continue running at that speed.

all harleys vibrate but if you are worried about it take it back to the dealers and ask them to check it out just in case.your bike is covered under warranty so no probs.

• mn

Harley ....... vibration

they do seem to appear in the same sentence a LOT..