My Ipod wont sync! Help please!?

I've had my ipod for several years, maybe about 3 years now, and all of a sudden it's stopped working. It wont sync with my iTunes. I've tried everything. I've re-set it, restored it, and re-installed iTunes. It keeps saying "cannot sync erro -50" and at one point it even said error -126. Any technical people have ANY idea what is going on? I'm upset that my precious iPod that I've never dropped or kept in major heat or cold or anything!! I don't have the money to replace it, what could it be? Help please!?

Also it's a 160 Gig iPod classic.

Favorite Answer

Ive had 2 ipods with the same problem. 1 a classic another a itouch and its because ipods batterys only last about 6 months when it is turned on and being used then it dies and you have to get it replaced. First your ipod wont sync or charge unless you move the wire at a certain angle and the battery life will suck then after that it just will not charge at all and die:/ I know it sucks i havent bought an ipod since my last one died like a year ago but im about to go buy another. Yours being 3 years old im 100% sure thats the problem

If it is the 1st time which you iPod has linked to iTunes, it is going to take a on an identical time as to sync. there could be different aspects which will extend the time of syncing, alongside with utility updates, huge/numerous podcast, audio or video clips being transfered accross. i come across that photos can take a protracted time besides. i could supply it some paitence and if it syncs for over 0.5 and hour, reinstall iTunes, reset your iPod and initiate up returned... If that fails, record the iPod to the save which you got it from as defective.

I had the same problem with my boat, it just wouldn't sync!