Shellfish allergy. Can I eat a Spicy Tuna Roll?

I'm allergic to shellfish (shrimp, lobster) but I can eat regular seafood like tuna or tilapia. My boyfriend wants to try out a sushi restaurant downtown, but I'm not sure if I can eat a Spicy Tuna Roll. Like is their a chance of me being allergic to maybe even the seaweed or soy paper? I've never had sushi before. I'm sorry if this is a dumb question, but I'm just wondering.

Favorite Answer

ask the sushi chef if there is any form of shell fish in the sushi or if the utensils he used touched any shell fish. safest bet is to learn how to make sushi yourself so you can control the variables.

It's not dumb. Dumb questions don't exist. (: I would stay away from it because especially if it's at a restaurant the shellfish could have been touching or near your tuna. Chopped up with the same knife.. Stuff like that. Be careful! I don't wanna say go for it cuz i dont want you to die but i do want you to enjoy your time. So.... Maybe go to another restaurant?

Source(s): Hope it helps! I'm only 15 (:

Spicy tuna without question. I don't particularly care for the sweet taste of teriyaki sauce on anything. But for sure with raw fish, I prefer something spicy.

Tuna is not a shellfish however scallops clams shrimp lobster prawn are shellfish have shell like skin or have a shell tuna is a fish

Source(s): Knowlage