Anonymous

BA in Liberal studies...jobs? Help?

I originally wanted to be an elementary teacher... Now I'm not sure/: what are some other careers I can go into?

Favorite Answer

Sign Twirler

Mall Cop

Avon Cosmetics Sales

Jail Guard

Amway Distribution

Debt Collection

Call Center

Madam

With a degree in Liberal Studies, the sky's the limit!

nicely, liberal arts many times ability someone is extra attracted to preparation than practise. you could evaluate getting your credential, or perhaps your masters (not a lot extra artwork or time than a credential) and your recommendations will boost dramatically. in case you get a credential, you do not could coach, even if it really is a few thing to fall again on interior the shape your plan A doesn't exercising recurring. Social artwork is a functional, albeit mediocre paying container. Counseling is in intense call for besides, and could pay slightly extra advantageous than interior the conventional public sector. there are a form of psychologists who use councilors of their places of artwork to mentor youthful sufferers. some tremendous businesses have psychologists and psych majors on artwork force in promoting, product progression and human resources. you're recommendations are huge open, make the finest of what's available to you and revel on your occupation.

maybe you can try to get one of those jobs that only require a degree, not a specific major (perhaps admin assistant?) Maybe work at a retail store? I think you are going to have to search hard for office jobs if you dont want to work in retail or customer service.

Or, complete grad school in a professional field like physical therapy, nursing, pharmacy, health care administration etc... These programs have prerequisite courses that you will need, so you will probably have to go back to college to do them, before you can actually apply.

I am in the same boat. I have an AA and a BA in liberal studies and originally wanted to teach, now a few years later I am still in the retail field in which I was working to earn the degree. I am an ASM at a retail store. I would like to do smthg else but not sure what or where. Would like to do smthg more enjoyable or that pays more.

You could consider teaching middle school in some states where that degree will be accepted.