Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Arts & HumanitiesBooks & Authors · 9 years ago

Good lighthearted books for teens?

I'm looking for a book that's somewhat lighthearted but not too lighthearted. I'm 13.

I've already read these:

Twilight Saga (Hated it!)

Harry Potter Series

Hunger Games

Favorite Answer

Hmmm...

When I was 13 I LOVED The DaVinci Code, but it can be a little confusing, as it's technically a book written for adults. It's a great mystery that has puzzles and guessing and definitely keeps your heart racing all the while!

The Secret Language of Girls is good, but it might be a little young for a 13-year-old

I'd say the Pretty Little Liars series would be perfect, its targeted for exactly your age group, is super interesting, and has mystery, rumors, and a zillion relatable topics and conflicts for teens

Also, idk what your reading style is, but I've found that older books like Peter Pan and Alice in Wonderland were really funny and have that whimsical feel that the books you mentioned have (well...maybe not Hunger Games lol)

Oh, and you can't go wrong with Jane Austin. Gotta love Pride and Prejudice or Sense and Sensibility. (May want to see the movies first, though, sometimes the writing is difficult to understand)

Oh, and anything by Meg Cabot is perfect! (Princess Diaries, How to be Popular, etc.)

Hope I've helped, enjoy!

• half

absolutely everyone will probable inform you to make certain the Twilight sequence they are outstanding. The twilight books are extremely extremely large! they furnish action and suspense yet they have a large variety of romance that young women might prefer to learn. you will get so caught up interior the e book, that's purely a great sequence. i admire the books without being completely obsessed provided that's no longer wholesome there are some web content the place human beings manage the characters like ...that's heavily form of creepy, additionally i do no longer understand in case you will like them there are 2 books i enjoyed , "Blister" and "Kiss me the following day" the two by Susan Shreve. i'm hoping this recommendation is efficient and you ought to extremely examine those Twilight books, have faith each and every of the those that have recommended them to you they are extremely worth it sluggish.!

Heidi?

This isn't lighthearted but very fun. Check it out!

Artemis Fowl Series

• Cody

Oh good! For a moment I thought you said that you liked Twilight.

Anyway, here are my suggestions:

Crazy, by William Peter Blatty (this book is very short, but it manages to pack in its story perfectly. The main character's narration is witty, it's funny, and although full of old references sometimes difficult to get, you still get a great impression of the time period. The story is thoughtful, it's lighthearted, heart-warming, nostalgic, and even a little bit sad at times. I'm 16 and I thoroughly enjoyed it!)

What Dreams May Come, by Richard Matheson (among the best books I've ever read, it managed to be an amazing, undeniably touching love story, all the while being about life, death, and the afterlife. This book changed my life dramatically, and only for the better. It's scary at times, since Matheson was once the master of horror, but it's well worth it)

The Lovely Bones, by Alice Sebold (it starts off harsh, but it's a truly heartwarming book. Not exactly lighthearted, but it seems to be the kind of thing you're looking for!)

The Diary of a Young Girl, by Anne Frank (no, it's not lighthearted, but the insight into the life and mind of young Anne Frank is something you'll never forget. Read it, and you'll have your eyes opened to the real Anne Frank, the person as opposed to the icon people make her out to be. She was a real girl, an excellent writer for her age, very insightful, smart, funny, sad, and complaining or observing all the time. It's a sad story underneath, but it's...well, it's worth it!)

These are the best I've got!

Cheers!

• chorle

Have you read any of Terry Pratchett's disc world books Wee Free Men is a good place to start it is an easy read. Going Postal and Making Money are good too they are more novel less chapter book. My teens favorite series,

Atlanta Radio Theater was given permission to podcast a 3 part audio drama based on Terry Pratchett's Guards! Guards!

http://podcast.artc.org/guards_guards_part_1

Belgarath the Sorcerer by David Eddings and Leigh Eddings is less light hearted