Anonymous
Anonymous asked in SportsBasketball · 9 years ago

how to jump high in any sports especially basketball?

I want to improve my vertical leap im 5`6 15 yrs old . i do workouts for my legs and calves but the results are not that good . can anybody give me some tips that will give me a great result for my vertical leap? Thanks !

Favorite Answer
  • virgen

I reside in southern cali and I believe probably the most preferred recreation for boys is soccer... I'd cost it probably a 7. For ladies, I'd say volleyball when you consider that should you reside in southern cali and also you just like the seaside you continually ought to have a volleyball, you understand? :) I'd cost it approximately a 7.five.

Plyometrics will do the trick for you.

thats a lot of squatting, jumping, quick movements

I used P90x Plyo to help me

Source(s): Long Jumper who needed height

a small thing that helped me a lot was to walk and stand on my toes (the front of my feet) i developed this mannerism and it improved my verticle by quite a bit.

Source(s): went from a 17" verticle to a current 31" verticle and i can now dunk really well.

do plyos. get a box or stool and jump onto it.

Source(s): me (long jumper, triple jumper, high jumper, hurdler and sprinter)!