I am making a marble cake tomorrow for my brother's bday...filling suggestions?

I was going to make the marble cake out of yellow cake and add melted choco.

but I decided to buy store-bought marble cake...

I wanna make it a 2 layer cake..

but don't know what kind of filling to put in it?

(i don't think my brother really likes buttercream.)

I do have white frosting .. but would the cake have weird taste if i put in white frosting in the middle with cut strawberries ??

any other suggestions of fillings?

• Robyn
    Favorite Answer

For the filling melt choc chips with butter then add icing sugar and a little sour cream.

On the top just sprinkle a little icing sugar and serve strawberries on the side.

• staib

Marble Cake Filling Ideas

Possible fillings that would taste good in marble cake would be fudge sauce (like the kind you put on ice cream), raspberry jam (would be similar to a raspberry filled donut), flavored whipped cream (add a flavored extract or syrup to store-bought whipped cream), pudding (instant pudding mixes in chocolate, vanilla, cheesecake, banana, or lemon flavor would all taste good, just prepare them with less milk), marshmallow fluff with chocolate and graham cracker crumbs would be a great s'mores variation. If you decide to put strawberries in the chnter with white frosting, I would suggest you don't do it too far ahead of serving because the cake might become soggy.

white frosting tastes great! my mom did two-layer cake with white frost in the middle and chocolate frosting on the outside. try it its good.

Robyn, do you have a more specific recipe for that idea? It sounds yummy and I have a cake order coming up where the birthday girl wants chocolate mousse. The problem is, I'm covering the cake in fondant and won't be able to refrigerate it. I'm looking for something that will compare to the taste of chocolate mousse...