Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Pregnancy & ParentingAdolescent · 8 years ago

Teens, truthfully, do you think I have a "girly" taste in music for a guy?

I just got a text from someone from my old school. They asked me what I was doing, and I said I was sitting in my backyard listening to Paramore. They replied, "Ah, still listening 2 girly music, I c". Do you think I have a girly taste in music? My favorite artists are Green Day, Linkin Park, Paramore, The Offspring, Lupe Fiasco, Beastie Boys, Sum 41, Pink Floyd, Japanese Cartoon, Fort Minor and The All-American Rejects. I know that's a weird set of artists, but what do you think? Do I listen to "girly" music?

@ali: I'm just wondering. The answers won't change what I think of these artists.

Best Answer

No, i don't think you do. Well, I'm a girl, and Paramore and Green Day are awesome, lol. They're my brothers two favorite bands. :) And Green Day is my favorite band..

It would be considered a lot more girly if you listened to One Direction.. But i wouldn't really care, lol. LISTEN TO THEM! Lmao, jk, you probably wouldn't anyways. ;)

• Carlie

Nooo, not at all. In fact, your taste in music is awesome. Especially Pink Floyd. I just saw Roger Waters do The Wall in LA on the 19th. Okay, I'm getting irrelevant.

Those artists don't seem particularly girly to me, and I wouldn't worry about it even if they were. I listen to all sorts of music, and a lot of my friends think my tastes in music are very odd.

Yeah (especially paramore), but I have an underlying suspicion that a lot of guys like girly music and just pretend not to.

I don't think pink Floyd is girly.

Source(s): I am a teenage girl

In that case, I guess I have a "manly" taste of music. Lol. That's pretty dumb. Gender has nothing to do with the type of music you listen to and like.

Nah.... Well Paramore is along with All American Rejects. But my Dad likes All American Rejects.

Does it really matter?

The music you listen to is fine. It's not girly at all. Keep on listening to what you enjoy :)

No, you don't. Don't worry about it.

Now, if you told me that you listened to the song "Call Me Maybe" on repeat, my answer might be a little different...

Have a good night!

Lbee

P.S. So glad Pink Floyd is in your list :)

No, you don't . I think it's pretty awesome that you listen to all those different kinds of music . And trust me, I'm the type of person who'd tell you if it was girly . :P

--Addie<3

Just Paramore and All-American Rejects but, ehh listen to whatever you want.