I need help with P90x nutrition!?

So i am going to start p90x this summer and im 17 still living with my parents. they buy a bunch of unhealthy food because of a budget. im over weight because of this, and keep in mind i have been playing sports since i was 5. dose anyone have suggestions to help aid my weight loss because i cant get what i need from the food my parents buy, and they will not listen to me when i tell them to buy healthier foods. i can afford $20 in supplements a month, but not shakeology. also what should i eat day to day that wont starve myself, but not eat all the unhealthy junk that's available.? weird question i admit and im sorry for it being hard to answer.

• Favorite Answer

Hmm. I just checked out the P90X nutrition book, and I can see your dilemma. Their meal plans are all "whole grain waffles with mushroom omelet", and "8 oz halibut steak with mustard cream sauce". It would be a pricey diet to follow even without the protein shakes and power bars. Without your parents' cooperation, you're not going to be able to adhere to it.

First of all, let me assure you that you can do without the supplements. Beachbodies, the company that makes P90X and Insanity, make a lot of their profit from selling those supplements, so they're workouts tend to overemphasize how necessary they are.

Don't get me wrong, the shakes and bars would be convenient, making it easier to follow P90x's five meal a day structure, but you can do without them. A few crackers and peanut butter and a bottle of milk or fruit juice will serve in their place. Same with a piece of fresh fruit, a half a cup of roasted almonds, a container of yogurt. So really, don't worry about supplements.

Your parents' inability to stock the pantry with health food may be a bigger problem. I don't know the specifics of your situation, but you'll have to make the best of what you've got. If your parents are buying frozen pizza's, eat frozen pizza; only try to manage your portions, and blot some of the grease off with a paper towel. If they're getting frozen fries, have your portion baked instead of deep fried. Buying soda because it's a third of the price of fruit juice? Drink it sparingly when you want the taste, try to drink water when you're thirsty. I've been told that the P90X program can't deliver the results it promises if you don't adhere to the diet religiously, but any results are better than none at all. Just do the best you can.

A word of caution: I cannot overemphasize how important it is not to starve yourself. The P90X program is built around high intensity workouts with a calorie deficit of less than 600. What this means is that if you try to perform those workouts without proper nutrition, they may be unsafe.

Again, I don't know enough about what options you have to really tailor my advice. If you'd like to give more details, my email is stocious_alt at yahoo. I'd be quite interested in following how your efforts work.

Source(s): no qualifications as a nutritionist or trainer, but a massive working knowledge of the subject from experience, and my library
  • tera

Am a P90X grad so i do know if the vitamin plan works. I tried it with some of my freinds. After we started we did the vitamin plan for one week together but after a week it grew to become to a lot discipline so all of my associates however me quit the vitamin plan, but now not p90X. When p90x was once finished and all 90 day accomplished all of us got effective outcome. All of my freinds bought a 4 percent however i got an 8 p.C., significantly. Were all 22 years historical. When we started we all weighed 220,180, and me 203 with no muscle whats so ever. Just to show you that p90x really works however with the vitamin plan it may be mighty