Yahoo Answers is shutting down on May 4th, 2021 (Eastern Time) and beginning April 20th, 2021 (Eastern Time) the Yahoo Answers website will be in read-only mode. There will be no changes to other Yahoo properties or services, or your Yahoo account. You can find more information about the Yahoo Answers shutdown and how to download your data on this help page.
What Has Obama Actually Done?
I'm not being facetious, but just exactly what has Obama done to improve the American condition? I mean precisely what has he done? Besides constantly delivering speeches and putting the bad mouth on anyone who opposes him, what has he accomplished? Not talking about his political party either, but he himself.
And, besides Obamacare, what ideas and plans to improve our condition has he presented to the American people?
- 9 years agoFavorite Answer
Disclaimer: after 3 years, it is now Obama's term. To continue to blame Bush and Republicans is not only dishonest, but incompetent.
Now, here's the bullet points about what Obama has actually done:
• 5+ million net loss in total number of jobs.
• Largest health care cost increase in history.
• Largest number of people on food stamps in history.
• First credit rating downgrade in US history.
• First President to Preside Over a Cut to the Credit Rating of the United States Government
• First President to Violate the War Powers Act
• First President to Orchestrate the Sale of Murder Weapons to Mexican Drug Cartels
• First President to issue an unlawful "recess-appointment" while the U.S. Senate remained in session (against the advice of his own Justice Department).
• First President to be Held in Contempt of Court for Illegally Obstructing Oil Drilling in the Gulf of Mexico
• First President to Defy a Federal Judge's Court Order to Cease Implementing the 'Health Care Reform' Law
• First President to halt deportations of illegal aliens and grant them work permits, a form of stealth amnesty roughly equivalent to "The DREAM Act", which could not pass Congress
• First President to Require All Americans to Purchase a Product From a Third Party
• First President to Spend a Trillion Dollars on 'Shovel-Ready' Jobs -- and Later Admit There Was No Such Thing as Shovel-Ready Jobs
• First President to sue states for requiring valid IDs to vote, even though the same administration requires valid IDs to travel by air
• First President to Abrogate Bankruptcy Law to Turn Over Control of Companies to His Union Supporters
• First President to Bypass Congress and Implement the DREAM Act Through Executive Fiat
• First President to Threaten Insurance Companies After They Publicly Spoke out on How Obamacare Helped Cause their Rate Increases
• First President to Threaten an Auto Company (Ford) After It Publicly Mocked Bailouts of GM and Chrysler
• First President to "Order a Secret Amnesty Program that Stopped the Deportations of Illegal Immigrants Across the U.S., Including Those With Criminal Convictions"
• First President to Demand a Company Hand Over $20 Billion to One of His Political Appointees
• First President to Terminate America's Ability to Put a Man into Space.
• First President to Encourage Racial Discrimination and Intimidation at Polling Places
• First President to Have a Law Signed By an 'Auto-pen' Without Being "Present"
• First President to Arbitrarily Declare an Existing Law Unconstitutional and Refuse to Enforce It
• First President to Tell a Major Manufacturing Company In Which State They Are Allowed to Locate a Factory
• First President to refuse to comply with a House Oversight Committee subpoena.
• First President to File Lawsuits Against the States He Swore an Oath to Protect (AZ, WI, OH, IN, etc.)
• First President to Withdraw an Existing Coal Permit That Had Been Properly Issued Years Ago
• First President to Fire an Inspector General of Americorps for Catching One of His Friends in a Corruption Case
• First President to Propose an Executive Order Demanding Companies Disclose Their Political Contributions to Bid on Government Contracts
• First President to allow Mexican police to conduct law enforcement activities on American soil
• First President to Golf 90 or More Times in His First Three Years in Office
But remember: he will not rest until all Americans have jobs, affordable homes, green-energy vehicles, and the environment is repaired, etc., etc., etc
- ggraves1724Lv 79 years ago
The Constitution, which is the supreme law of the land, gives sole responsibility to the House of Representatives (congress and the senate) for originating and approving appropriations and taxes. House members, not the president, can approve any budget they want. If the president vetoes it, they can pass it over his veto if they agree to.
The President really has limited power if it has anything to do with money. Obama can only present ideas regarding the way this country is run. He can, however, do recess appointments and fill his own cabinet with limited assistance from the representative. My point should seem simple, we have a bunch on ego driven wall flowers, 435 to be exact, 100 US Senators and 435 US Congress people. These are the people who are supposed to watch out for our well being and run this country.
Whether or not we approve of the President or what he's accomplished, he is but a figure head, your question should be; What has our House of Representative Actually Done"?
- Anonymous9 years ago
His failures out weight his accomplishments. The Bush recession was better than Obama’s recovery and each time he blames Bush, Obama admits failure. He blames Bush more than any president has ever blamed anyone. And I would like to see him stop blaming and actually start fixing the economy. Every excuse he makes tells me how much he should not be our president. Sure he had work to do to fix things but he asked for the job he didn't inherit it. Now he just made it worse. Sad thing is if he is reelected for 4 more years some other president is going to have more work to do then ever. The president had already failed. It's no secret.
- 9 years ago
Osama bin Laden was killed by the Navy Seals and their commanders, not by Obama.
Obama has done nothing positive for America, only tons of negative(14 trillion in debt, unemployment, country is divided, our enemies perceive us as weak, other countries hate us because Obama goes around and apologizes for America)
- How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
- 9 years ago
He by is inaction showed us that the system is failing. That the big federal government is not a way for us to succeed. 2010 showed us that some people are getting it, 2012 will show the world that we will not go the way of Greece/Europe.
- Anonymous9 years ago
Here is a list of about 200 things he has done for the American people since coming into office.
- ?Lv 79 years ago
Uh.. Nothing comes to mind. The unemployment rate hasn't dropped in 2+ years and we're in a "jobless recovery." ObamaCare has good intentions (sort of) but it's just all around awful.
- KiniLv 79 years ago
I think if you looked at the White House website you would get an answer. The list is too long to paste here.
- Anonymous9 years ago
He became the first African American President of the United States of America. Its not his fault Bush left behind an unsolvable mess.
- DemoniaLv 69 years ago
Ask Osama Bin Laden.