Does AOL Dialer work with an ADSL connection?

I'll post this question again. I'm having problems with the AOL Dialer and my dad says it's because we have an ADSL connection. I don't think that should be a problem since I know many that have the same connection as we do and they are able to use the dialer just fine. I don't want to use... show more I'll post this question again.
I'm having problems with the AOL Dialer and my dad says it's because we have an ADSL connection. I don't think that should be a problem since I know many that have the same connection as we do and they are able to use the dialer just fine.

I don't want to use it for internet, I simply want to use the home network connection to change my ip to a us one (I'm from europe). I just want to know if it's possible or not. Like I said, I know many with the same connection as mine and they /are/ able to connect to the home network. For me, it keeps saying i have the wrong screen name or it simply won't let me through.