Hi can anybody help me answer these questions? I have a history final coming up and need answers thanks!?
1. Explain the story behind the franchise system, what it is, and how it developed.
2. Explain the youthful rebellion of the 1950’s.
3. Explain the election of 1952, the Eisenhower administration and modern republicanism.
4. Explain the reasoning behind the Brown v. Board of education case, how the case was ruled, and the reaction in this country to the ruling.
5. Explain in detail the Montgomery bus boycott and its results.
6. Discuss everything about Malcolm X and Black Nationalism.
7. Explain the election of 1964 and the impact of Barry Goldwater on the Republican Party.
8. Explain why and how the Civil Rights Act of 1964 was passed and the 4 major provisions of the act.
9. Discuss in detail the two major events in the tragic year of 1968.
10. Explain everything we had discussed about the assassination of John F. Kennedy.
11. Explain the impact and decisions of the Supreme Court in Roth v. United States, Engel v. Vitale, Griswold v. Connecticut, Mapp v. Ohio, Gideon v. Wainwright, Escobedo v. Illinois, Miranda v. Arizona, Baker v. Carr, Reynolds v. Sims.
12. Explain in detail the Bay of Pigs Invasion.
13. Explain in detail The Cuban Missile Crisis.
14. Explain the counterculture along with 60’s style, the sexual revolution, the drug scene, and the music world.
- RandalLv 78 years agoFavorite Answer
Many believe that Albert Singer, founder of the Singer sewing machine, was the initiator of franchising. He was actually the earliest person recognized by most as being associated with franchising. However, the concept of franchising really began long before.
The term 'franchising' derived from ancient French, is defined as holding a particular privilege or right.
Back in the middles ages, local leaders would designate privileges to citizens. Some of these rights included conducting fairs, running markets, and operating ferries. The franchising idea then carried forward to the practice of Kings yielding rights to conduct activities such as beer brewing and road building. In addition, the expansion of the church is known as a form of franchising.
This should help you with # 1
- YunLv 78 years ago
2. The new generation coming up in the 50's was experiencing a time of great prosperity and growth while having a generation of parents that knew mostly hardship and need. The two differing philosophies and outlooks that arose from that would easily lead to conflict.
6. "Everything?" Wow... that would take a long time.
10. Obviously, that is going to depend on what was "discussed" as is stated in the question.
12. The US backed a group of Cuban exiles in trying a military landing on Cuban soil to retake the country from the Communists. The invasion was a complete failure.