TM asked in Politics & GovernmentPolitics · 8 years ago

"Military men are dumb, stupid animals to be used as pawns for foreign policy."?

do you agree with this Henry Kissinger quote

10 Answers

Relevance
  • 8 years ago
    Best Answer

I agree that the government treats them LIKE pawns, but I don't think they are dumb or stupid.

• 8 years ago

I wouldn't say the military men are dumb but the politicians are just so naive. They don't realise that thr whole point of having an army should be to protect your own interests and not attack countries for no reason which costs LIVES never mind money. There's a perfect example where a British politician in the 1800s said Britain should invade Afghanistan because Russia were moving towards India through Afghanistan. Turned out that, that was an illusion which wasn't anywhere near true and what happened was 2 full scale wars which ended up a load of lives being lost and absolutely nothing gained from it. All because of a politician. Oh yeah you could also say Iraq from Bush and Blair.

• 8 years ago

Nope, i know some pretty damn intelligent men and women in the forces! Although there are alot of Knuckleheads in the forces, 90% of what's involved in what goes on our there is NOT physical :)

Heck, my brother is a smart guy, he had potential to study in University but he joined the Royal Navy instead, didn't make him any less intelligent or wise!

• Anonymous
    8 years ago

Let's make one thing crystal clear, no member of the US military contributes in any way whatsoever to protecting the freedoms of the American people. As a matter of fact, they are more likely to turn their weapons on you than they are to defend your Constitutional rights.

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • Yo Guh
    Lv 4
    8 years ago

I don't agree with it when he says it like that but I think his message is along with the War Pigs theme: Rich dudes sitting in offices somewhere start wars but the people who finish them are just regular people.

• 8 years ago

and? that was Henry Kissinger

Just because he said it, does it make it true?

• That sounds more like a Barack Obama quote.

• 8 years ago

I would never be a soldier myself because I do not believe we should be using violence and war to solve issues, but everyone is entitled to their own opinion.

• 8 years ago

Filthy, drug addled libs that have never done a thing for anyone but themselves think just like this.

• Anonymous
    8 years ago

I was asking yesterday what liberals were going to celebrate monday and they were violated.

They were going to celebrate idiocy i guess.

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.