What is an open campbell's chicken noodle soup's fridge life?

Put it in the fridge two days ago after I cooked the can but didn't end up eating any soup. How much longer can I keep it in there?

Favorite Answer

Jennifer's answer is absolutely correct. Pay attention to it!

If you mean that you put the can in the fridge when you opened it - it is garbage now, throw it out and do not eat it.

Cans are specially made to last years and years at room temperature - that is why they tell us to stock up on them in emergencies, because they can last for a long time. If left at room temperature, the food is perfectly safe to eat even YEARS after the sell by date on the can.

However, once you open it and allow air to get into the can, the air changes the chemical makeup of the lining of the can. When you then put that can into the fridge when it is opened, the cold makes the lining of the can toxic because it has already mixed with the air and changed the molecular make-up of the lining - so now the lining material of the can has become toxic and it will leech into your food and poison it.

DO NOT PUT AN OPEN CAN INTO THE FRIDGE AND IF YOU DO, DO NOT EAT THE CONTENTS.

It is very dangerous to do this. It should even say on the can, to put the contents into another container to put into the fridge upon opening.

Source(s): My dad worked at a canning factory and told me how the process works.

Chicken soup is my gav of all time hands down an amercian classic!