Do I have Acid Reflux?

My symptoms are that I sometimes get a nauseous feeling but there is no vomiting. I feel a nasal drip at the back of my throat and I get a cough which sometimes makes me feel suffocated. If I get up immediately the cough subsides. The coughing is worse in the mornings as I awake.

I went to a General Practitioner and he said it was acid reflux and gave me a fizzy tablet to take which is similar to Zantac. He also prescribed Allegra D as he said I may have some congestion. The thing is in the mornings my eyes do feel watery I feel some mucous in my throat. I have been on this medication for over a week now and while there is some improvement I am not sure of how effective it is and if it is the correct medication.

Favorite Answer

With acid reflux you generally get severe heartburn. He prescribed the Allegra D because he believes your nasal drip is being caused by spring pollen. If you don't have any signs of heartburn, I would return to him and let him know what he prescribed isn't working. After a week you should have shown more than just "some" improvement.

1

Source(s): Eliminate Heartburn Pain Easily - http://heartburnnomore.duebq.com/?nEa