What do you think will happen to South Korea/K-Pop after SuPearls (YG Ent.) debut?

More on a racial note, seeing that Lee Michelle is debuting into a big company of South Korea which holds a special position in the "Big 3". If you don't know much about Michelle, she was on KPop Star (basically the Korean version of American Idol/X-Factor) and she has a superb voice but didn't make it into the final 4 from the lack of online/mobile votes... simply because of her race (JYP stated it himself on the night she was voted off and it was kind of obvious... her voice was one of the best and she always got top judges votes but her online/mobile votes were always lacking resulting in her always being in the bottom)

Now, because she's actually going somewhere, debuting in a top company that specializes in hip hop and contains many talented and well-known artists, what do you think will happen?

I honestly think that Michelle is basically the "door" for all international fans to actually have a little spark of hope when they think of auditioning and SuPearls, which is full of nothing but vocally talented, young girls, will strive in K-Pop. Maybe even South Korea will become a bit more open-minded about racism and discontinue blackface and treat people belonging to the African American/black race a bit better. And not only will there be lots of Korean fans, there will also be a lot of international, foreign fans to the group because of Michelle resulting in a lot of attention.

Just my opinion, I want to hear yours.

3 Answers

Relevance
  • 8 years ago
    Favorite Answer

why would it be any different?

patti kim, insooni and yoon mi rae were all half black but korea didn't change that much....

plus insooni and patti kim are legends lol

• Login to reply the answers
  • 8 years ago

I agree with Ayah.

It would make no difference.

She's still half Korean and looks it.

it would be a door opener if she was full black.

• Anonymous
    8 years ago

i kind of agree with you~!

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.