What size or other details about what a theater size poster is called?

I got a poster from the movie theater, I believe it is one of the ones that are from the lighted ones that they have outside the theater, as it doesn't have a white back. It is somewhere about 29 or 30 inches wide (and much taller) but I don't have the ability to measure it. Is there a standard size for those posters, and are they called a certain type, so i can know what to search for if I want to compare it's value to others online?

• Dan
    Favorite Answer

It's called a one-sheet. According to WP the standard size is 27x40

The standard size is called one sheet

The One-Sheet is definitely the most common among US movie poster sizes, measuring 27 inches by 40 inches. It represents the standard movie poster size used in U.S. movie theaters today.