How did you get your job?

For whatever reason I'm having a hard time getting a job. I've done nothing wrong at all.

When ever I apply I ask for the manager ask if they are hiering if they are I ask for a jib application fill it out and bring it back and give it to the same manager.

I've been trying to get a job for 3 years now (since 11th grade(since u was17)) I've been trying to get a job at a local store for 3 years and have been talking with one of the managers and they always say ok I'll take a look at up application and nothing

When ever I ask random employees hey how'd u get a job here they say o I just filled out the job application.

Me:that's it?

Employee yea that's it

Me you didnt talk to a manager or anything?

Employee: no why

So I'm woundering why is it so hard for me to get a job.

Favorite Answer

If you mean that you've been trying to get a job at the same local store, then some people there have already reached a conclusion.

It sounds as if they already decided to not hire you. This is annoying and disappointing. But that must be the case, if you are repeatedly apply to the same store and repeatedly not getting hired.

Don't give up. Apply at other stores.

Another thing to do is to apply online at a store and then go into the store and tell the manager that you applied online.

And finally, the best way to get a job is always your own network of friends, neighbors, and relatives. They will tell you when they see a "now hiring" sign or they know of someone who is moving to another town or whatever.

• Holli

I applied online.

I received a call about 2 weeks later for a phone interview. Went through 2 more interviews face to face in a span of 2 weeks. Waited a week and a half before I called the manager to inquire about the status of my interview; got a response as to what stage of hiring and how many interviews they had left. Then about another week and a half went by before HR called to offer me the job.

Whenever you submit an application; it doesn't hurt to call the place you applied and inquire about it. Give them about a week and call them. That shows initiative.