why have theist been responsible for all the advancements we have today while notable atheist like Stallin?

Mao, Lenin, and Pol Pot killed people for not being atheist and caused the deaths of over 40 million people. Are atheist ever going to contribute anything good to society?

Einstein was not an atheist and no one your going to name and try and pass of as an atheist was.

Favorite Answer

Einstein wasn't an atheist? Here is a direct quote from him:

"The word god is for me nothing more than the expression and product of human weaknesses, the Bible a collection of honourable, but still primitive legends which are nevertheless pretty childish. No interpretation no matter how subtle can (for me) change this."

http://www.guardian.co.uk/science/2008/may/12/peop...

Sounds pretty atheist to me. The world's richest man, Bill Gates, is also an atheist and is giving his entire fortune away to charitable causes like the fight against malaria,

Incidentally, Stalin's parents were very religious and he was educated in an Orthodox seminary - he very nearly became a priest.

You should try to acquaint yourself with more facts.

Mark Twain

Bill Nye

Christopher Hitchens

Mythbusters- Adam Savage & Jamie Hyneman

Mark Zuckerberg- Yeah facebook

Daniel Radcliffe

George Orwell

Jack Nicholson

Seth MacFarlane

Bruce Lee

Ernest Hemingway

Marlon Brando

Noam Chompsky

Roger Ebert

Lance Armstrong

Ben Franklin (debatable)

Thomas Paine

Thomas Edison (Nikolas Tesla was a theist)

All these people Stalin equivalent in your mind too? Small minded fool who can't even spell Stalin.

• M

Stephen Hawking

Richard Feynman

Ray Kurzweil

J. Robert Oppenheimer

Ivan Pavlov

Carl Sagan

Douglas Adama

Robert Altman

Gene Kelly

Bruce Lee

Ayn Rand

BF Skinner

...

We could of course start with non-xtain contributors which the list is long and distinguised

Actually, I'm reading a book by Steven Pinker (atheist and considered one of the most influential people and works at Harvard) and it shows that modern wars like World War II may have killed more people, but if you look at history overall, there are wars that killed more of the eats population at the time.

But what I want to know is when all of the trolls like you are going to go jump into a lake.

• goris

0% I had by no skill examine the bible before I became an atheist. i replaced right into a polytheist and then found out I now no longer believed in any gods. I had rejected Christianity and a heap of alternative religions long before that. once I totally recognized that i replaced into an atheist I examine the Bible for the 1st time. i chanced on it thoroughly ridiculous and illogical. i did no longer would desire to examine it to recognize Christianity replaced into no longer a faith i'd desire to ever have confidence in yet i'm satisfied I examine it besides (i've got examine it two times greater considering that then) -- educations is by no skill a foul element. I additionally examine the Tanakh and a number of of alternative of the Qur'an.

Thomas Payne

Niels Bohr

Thomas Edison

Sigmund Freud

Alfred Nobel

(I could go on)

all atheists. The reason MOST of those "responsible for all the advancements we have today: are theists is because most people throughout time are theists. Its simple math

oops: not sure why I put Einstein on there.

note: typical theist response: Ask a question, then stick your fingers in your ears.

Mark David Chapman was a born again christian and he killed John Lennon. Are christians ever going to contribute anything good to society?

• Anon

How convenient you missed the crusades, witch burnings, 9/11 attacks, and the holocaust, to name a few.

EDIT: Einstein usually identified himself as a pantheist, which is far different from the more common religions. He didn't worship a god. He viewed the universe (or nature) and God as identical. That's it.

H.G. Wells and Kurt Vonnegut come to mind.