? asked in TravelFranceOther - France · 8 years ago

What should I bring with me for a day trip to Northern France?

I'm in year 9, and on July the 13th, I'm going to Northern France. What should I bring with me for a DAY trip to Norther France, and how much money should I bring with me?

Thank you.

10 points for the best answer

Yes, they told us about the EHIC card, so my mum is getting it when she comes home which should be soon. thx :)

Favorite Answer

Take exactly the sort of things and wear the same clothes as you would take going on a day trip in the UK. You do not say whether you are going to Boulogne, Saint-Omer or Le Touquet Paris-plage. If you are visiting the marine centre Nausicaa in Boulogne, ask your teacher if the entrance fee is included in what you have paid for the trip. Depending on the weather that morning, take either an umbrella or some sun factor lotion and sun glasses. Pack a picnic and. soft drinks to eat in the park or on the beach or drink on the coach. School usually sets a maximum of the equivalent of £50 in Euros to shop if you are bringing stuff for your family and souvenirs. Wear comfortable shoes/sandals or trainers.

Presumaby you are going on a shared school passport but, if you are not, then do not forget yours and you should have an EHIC card too which your parents must apply for now ifyou have not already got one.

Have a great time! Bon voyage!

€20-€50 should be easily enough unless you plan on some major shopping, in which case take a cool bag for the cheese!

Remember, your phone and text calls will cost much more to make and receive, so leave it alone if you can bear it.

And especially,

Avoid the change machines on the ferry which give a really poor rate, I've seen kids stuffing their newly bought Euros into the machine to get sterling to play the slot machines.

An umbrella and some sun-cream, just in case. 20-30 euros should be fine, unless you are going to have to pay for a meal, in which case an extra 15 euros should be more than enough. You are obviously not going to be shopping for clothes or shoes or whatever - so really it is just enough to buy a few souvenirs, postcards, etc. Are you visiting any museums and is the entrance cost included in what your parents paid?

A raincoat!

$10,000,000.00 dollars all in $100.00 bills