Does anyone know...(10pts)?
Does anyone know what middle age (800-1000 CE) villages were in Sweden, Poland and Italy? Is there a good website for this? Plz help!
- 8 years agoFavorite Answer
I find Wikipedia to be a rich source of history regarding cities, villages and towns worldwide. Here are three examples of early Medieval villages for each country mentioned in your question:
* Alby, Öland (on an island off the coast of Sweden, founded circa 1000 BC)
* Lund, Lund Municipality, Skåne County (circa 990 AD)
* Sigtuna (oldest "city" in Sweden, circa 980)
* Giecz (circa 940)
* Poznań (circa 8th century)
* Gniezno (circa 840)
* Scala, Campania (circa 4th century)
* Porto Venere (circa 1st century BCE)
* Spoleto (circa 241 BC)Source(s): http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Alby,_Öland http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Lund http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sigtuna http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Poland_in_the_Early_M... http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Giecz http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Poznań http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Gniezno http://www.amalficoast.com/strutture/paese/scala-1... http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Portovenere http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Spoleto